WIP: 1/6 TruScale Bespin Gantry I AM YOUR FATHER DIORAMA ENVIRONMENT for BESTA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JazzInc

Super Freak
Reaction score
update: production version video:

Today marks the start of a new diorama design. I am very excited about it! The Bespin Gantry diorama has been much requested and not surprisingly so of course. The Cloud City Duel is the most iconic scene of all Star Wars movies, the most quoted dialogue, and it is the emotional and dramatic climax of the original trilogy: That duel between Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker on the windy Bespin Gantry where Vader reveals *SPOILER ALERT* that he is Luke's father... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

https://www.jazzincdioramas.com/pro...her-diorama-environment-for-ikea-stuva-besta/

1/6 scale TruScale prototyping
Now comes the hard part and the fun part! Creating a 3D model, while figuring out which parts to include, which parts to exclude. But we also need to figure out how to make it. Because we do such very limited runs, it's impossible to make a plastic injection mold and just produce a thousand of more plastic parts like Sideshow or Hot Toys would do. Our runs are usually no more than 50 pieces, so making a $50,000 mold is out of the question. But that is the fun part!

Quality materials and details in very Limited Edition
How do you make a detailed and high quality diorama that can be produced 50 times at a reasonable cost. That takes some thinking, planning and engineering. So, even though today marks the start of that process, it'll be a few months yet before we have a working prototype to show you. Please be patient and bear with us!

The first images
Just imagine your Hot Toys DX07 Luke Skywalker battling it out in 1/6 scale with the upcoming Empire Strikes Back Hot Toys Darth Vader on this beautiful and iconic gantry!
Untitled-1.jpg[/FONT]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

UPDATE
Prototype pic:

Last edited:
This is what I've been waiting for! Will there be an ultimate version? How long will the bridge be? Will there be a background? How about the before and after damaged piece (from vaders lightsaber)? How about the hole backdrop that luke *falls* into for the flooring? Will there be 1/6 fans and pillows? (jk). Can we light the backdrop, like we could with the deathstar having light reflected off white plastic? How about light up feature, (though there isnt much), neeedless to say, I'm very stoked for this.

Ok breathe.....

For me this is what made star wars special, if it hadnt been for this one scene, i probably wouldnt be collecting toys in my 40s.

This is what I've been waiting for! Will there be an ultimate version? How long will the bridge be? Will there be a background? How about the before and after damaged piece (from vaders lightsaber)? How about the hole backdrop that luke *falls* into for the flooring? Will there be 1/6 fans and pillows? (jk). Can we light the backdrop, like we could with the deathstar having light reflected off white plastic? How about light up feature, (though there isnt much), neeedless to say, I'm very stoked for this.

Ok breathe.....

For me this is what made star wars special, if it hadnt been for this one scene, i probably wouldnt be collecting toys in my 40s.

[emoji23] thanks for your excitement! The Truscale version will be the platform. That’ll just fit inside an ikea Besta/Stuva. The ultimate version will add the extension Luke crawls on to. There will be a background, the blue pattern like the movie. And I want to try to offer the cut off tubes as an exchangeable extra. Don’t know about light up yet.

I have limited edition numbers 002-010 reserved for the first preorders. First come first serve.

Count me in as well! I sent you an e-mail with my confirmation. I'm in for the TruScale but will also stay on the lookout for an Ultimate.

Can we wait to see a sketch or basic computer rendering before placing a PO, or does it have to be now without seeing anything? Just curious if its going to be a replication of part of those ESB set design plans at 1/6 scale or if its going to need to be squished/scaled down in some ways to make it into those besta dimensions.

I understand there's a huge amount that goes into this though and you may need people to commit before seeing anything.

Can we wait to see a sketch or basic computer rendering before placing a PO, or does it have to be now without seeing anything? Just curious if its going to be a replication of part of those ESB set design plans at 1/6 scale or if its going to need to be squished/scaled down in some ways to make it into those besta dimensions.

I understand there's a huge amount that goes into this though and you may need people to commit before seeing anything.

It's ok to wait. There are already plenty of preorders to at least help pay for the prototyping process. Based on our earliest sketches, the Truscale version will be perfect 1/6 scale if we only make the platform that Luke loses his hand on. That will fit inside an Ikea Stuva most likely

We also plan to make an extension set (which together with the Truscale platform will form the ultimate kit) which will consist of the extension that Luke crawls on to after he loses his hand. That will also be made to 1/6 scale.

Finally, we've had several requests to make this wall mountable, so I have the intention to make that happen.

Do you think with the extension it would still be wall mountable? I'm guessing a mounting system similar to the type uesd for a floating shelf might work for wall mounting, depending on the weight of course. And could the extension be added as a separate upgrade?

Do you think with the extension it would still be wall mountable? I'm guessing a mounting system similar to the type uesd for a floating shelf might work for wall mounting, depending on the weight of course. And could the extension be added as a separate upgrade?

Yes to all your questions. Aside from the fact that the wall mount is a much requested feature, having something as large as the ultimate version, finding a display cabinet would be harder which makes wall mounting even more of a serious option. That will be my goal in designing it, and I expect we will be able to pull it off.

The first 12 pre-orders are in and thus those limited edition numbers are gone, no giving out numbers 12 to 25 in pre-order.

Around $500 for the circular truscale platform kit and I hope the extension kit willcome out to an extra $400 making the ultimate version $900.

I won't have space for the Ultimate.......how will you "finish" the end of the platform? Like a removable plug/panel or something?

Back