Harry Potter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Photon Guy

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I've got a small collection of Harry Potter paraphernalia and Im wondering if it will ever be worth much. Some of the stuff I got from the toy store over ten years ago and its still in the box. Also Noble Collection sells Harry Potter collectables and I do have a Harry Potter illuminating wand that lights up when you wave it. Recently I was at Universal Studios in Orlando and they've got a Harry Potter section where you can get all sorts of collectables including wands and they've got special wands that are interactive with some of the stuff they've got at the attraction. You can wave the wands in certain ways to make stuff move or light up or shoot water or whatever. No I did not buy one as I though of it as just another money making gimmick of Universal and I wasn't about to spend $50 for such a wand. However I did think about buying one possibly as a collectable although it wont be worth more than $50 anytime soon as Universal sells thousands of them every day. If I were to get one it would probably be the Cedric Diggory wand since I like its design and also because just about everybody that goes there gets either the Harry wand or the Hermione wand or the Dumbledore wand but the Cedric wand is much less common and therefore might be worth more someday.

So anybody else collect Harry Potter stuff? Got any advice?

So I suppose nobody likes Harry Potter, at least not from a collector's standpoint. Perhaps it doesn't have much potential in that area. There are no folders on this forum dedicated to it and I've got no responses on this thread, so Im getting the impression that Harry Potter is not a profitable choice to invest in as a collector.

The wizarding world of collecting should be used for enjoyment and not profit, or else a terrible curse will befall you. When you purchase an item related to Wizards and Witches, assume you will have to eventually give that item away and will not be able to sell it for vast sums of money to be deposited in your vault deep within the realms of Gringott's vast caverns. The price of greed will far outweigh the money you will make off Harry Potter collectables!!! Take this advice and you will be happier and wiser, my friend!!

The wizarding world of collecting should be used for enjoyment and not profit, or else a terrible curse will befall you. When you purchase an item related to Wizards and Witches, assume you will have to eventually give that item away and will not be able to sell it for vast sums of money to be deposited in your vault deep within the realms of Gringott's vast caverns. The price of greed will far outweigh the money you will make off Harry Potter collectables!!! Take this advice and you will be happier and wiser, my friend!!

:exactly::goodpost:

Back