Hot Toys Aquaman speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhf

Super Freak
Reaction score
So is it safe to say we will at least be getting Aquaman himself for the film? Anyone got any ideas on who else we might see?

It's been rumored (including by the crew shirt) that Aquaman will don a more traditional costume this time.

fbjju1.jpg

Mera would also be pretty great, as would Black Manta.

aquaman-amber-heard-474x600.jpeg

Maybe even a shirtless Aquaman variant?:pray:
new-image-of-jason-mamoa-as-aquaman11

I think Mera is a near certainty and maybe a variant of Aquaman. Not sure about anything else, depends how the movie is received. Good vibes so far, doesn't seem to be plagued by the same negativity that surrounded JL.

Man there is a big part of me that wants to cancel my JL Aquaman, because I am pretty sure what ever 2.0 version they make will probaly fit my liking better than the basic green suit. Though I think I am just hoping for a tatted version, like in Aquaman's first promo shot first put forth by Zack Snyder... I just hate canceling pre orders. Like here, take my 24 bucks for nothing.

HT are occupied by Marvel stuff. For a next year or so. I guess we will be lucky to see at least Aquaman himself. Mera? Probably not. Black manta? Certainly not. HT do not like villians. And they do not make cool villians like him.

I'll be happy with Aquaman, Mera, and Black Manta. Depends on what Aquaman looks like though. I can't stand the Justice League Aquaman figure. Nothing about it makes me want to purchase.

I definitely want a black manta, or ocean master orm. I'm tired of hot toys stiffing us on the villians , and dc has the best villians

I'll be happy with Aquaman, Mera, and Black Manta. Depends on what Aquaman looks like though. I can't stand the Justice League Aquaman figure. Nothing about it makes me want to purchase.

Agreed. I actually wanted to preorder Justice League Aquaman until I saw the prototype. Yuck. The solo movie version has to be better than that.

Well we are getting Killmonger, Thanos and Hela.

Not many villains figures for such number of movies to this date, don't you think? Killmonger is just repainted Black Panther. Hela is a nice surprise yes, Thanos is something they can't ignore for obvious reasons.

I'd be down for an Aquaman if he ends up having a better likeness and outfit than the JL version. I'd get Mera too if they knock it out of the park for her and I decided to pick up Aquaman.

Skipping the JL Aquaman in favour of his solo movie iteration for sure. The movie base/backdrop alone will be better; if they do something similar like Dr. Strange or Cpt. Jack Sparrow.

I don't have huge interest in Aquaman from a solo perspective so I went with the JL pre-order. I might still pick up a solo version if it looks really good or the movie blows me away.

I really hope they make Mera... since Aquaman is coming out around no other big blockbusters I think they will make her.

aEslyUi.jpg

Let's be realistic. They will make Aquaman, maybe a second variant and that's it. If there is indeed a lack of blockbusters, they can always repaint their new Iron Men and sell them as "unseen movie exclusive". There is even talk about a Mark VI rerelease (for IM2 not Avengers). You will definitely not get more than Aquaman. Sorry guys.

I bet we could get Black Manta. He might end up having a cool enough design to warrant a toy.

Back