Build the 1966 Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afattori

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone seen or decided to do this build? I am really looking into doing it since Howard never released the 66 batmobile or any hint of doing so. It measures over 2 feet long (50cm). Might be a really good substitute. Thanks for nothing Howard.

https://buildbatmobile.eaglemoss.com

IMG_20180302_102026.jpg

If I am understanding the way this works, you subscribe to a magazine. where you get 4 issues per month at roughly $13 per issue which includes the shipping price and some parts. 100 issues later you finish your car. So it will take 23 months to complete and cost $1300.

If you decide to do it, please post some pics

I wish you luck.

I remember reading about this a while back. I wish I had the patience to do it.

2 ft is about 10" under scale. Should be about 31-33". Sounds like something fun though, can be cool background piece.

I very recently wrote to HT and they basically said they still plan on releasing the 66 BM, citing the 3 yrs it took to release Hulkbuster. But when if ever...

2 ft is about 10" under scale. Should be about 31-33". Sounds like something fun though, can be cool background piece. I understand it's undersized, but will make a great background piece between hot toys Batman and Robin.

I very recently wrote to HT and they basically said they still plan on releasing the 66 BM, citing the 3 yrs it took to release Hulkbuster. But when if ever...

Right now hot toys is 0:0 scale. So a 1:8 is better than nothing. I have to call them and get more details.

I'm interested in the concept of this but the execution seems lacking. It ends up being very expensive and taking years to complete. There always seem to be issues with production as well with some parts not shipping when they're supposed to and IOUs being inserted in their place. Also stories of people waiting on back issues to arrive for months. I would be wary.

I'm interested in the concept of this but the execution seems lacking. It ends up being very expensive and taking years to complete. There always seem to be issues with production as well with some parts not shipping when they're supposed to and IOUs being inserted in their place. Also stories of people waiting on back issues to arrive for months. I would be wary.

Thanks for the Intel Chronos. Your warning is headed and will be followed. Thanks!

I like the idea of this, but the span of time & expense is overwhelming to me. To anyone that has the patience for this - kudos!
Maybe if it took less time......

I've been asked numerous times if I could create this amazing vehicle in 1/6th scale.
So have decided that once the 1/6th landspeeder is complete I will make a very small run of this iconic 1966 Bat Mobile.
I've posted the same on another thread and will start a new build thread very soon, design is well under way and a number are already spoken for.

Jas

I've been asked numerous times if I could create this amazing vehicle in 1/6th scale.
So have decided that once the 1/6th landspeeder is complete I will make a very small run of this iconic 1966 Bat Mobile.
I've posted the same on another thread and will start a new build thread very soon, design is well under way and a number are already spoken for.

Jas

Looking forward to this!

If this is a custom project, it really should be in the DC Comics Customs subforum.

Good luck on your project, seems like quite an undertaking.

Jas
Awesome. I'd like an update when the new thread is live so I can follow!

Will build this one since I don't see the sign of 1/6 version

Edit. 2nd thought..50cm might be too small...Tumbler was like 74cm?

I've heard nothing but great things about the Eaglemoss James Bond Aston Martin DB5, so I would think this will be pretty good as well.

Back