So is scalping tickets illegal or what?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robopredinator

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm trying to get tickets to this concert that was just announced and it looks like they're splitting up into several ticket presale events before they officially go on sale. I got my code for the first presale and for a straight hour, no dice. I kept refreshing, adding tickets to basket and boom - they were gone.

I got wind of another presale and there's still plenty of seats but they're *****ty ones - upper level, corner sections. I'm debating whether or not to grab these for sure seats and try for better seats when the official sale date begins, then resell the *****ty ones. All the signs point to scalping being illegal but I'm already seeing tickets on the second market fetching for above face value. What gives?

why not sell the bad seats on stubhub or ticketmaster? do they take a big percentage of the sale price or something?

Yep. Got that email with my own personal code and couldn't snag anything!!! I don't know if I should pass on these crap seats that are still up for grabs or wait til Friday.

Yeah we are trying to get tickets to one of their shows and having the same issues. Ticket scalping has become very problematic for shows like these.

Yeah, and artists compound the issue by holding some tickets aside for premium purchase, essentially scalping the tickets themselves. Some bands like Foo Fighters and Iron Maiden have worked to curtail scalping, but I don't know how effective their efforts have been.

Yeah we are trying to get tickets to one of their shows and having the same issues. Ticket scalping has become very problematic for shows like these.

Metallica at BOK Center? I had major problems for a good 45 minutes to an hour yesterday, but I kept trying. I eventually got seats in the lower level. :rock

I thought about trying to get tickets at the BOK Center, but it's been difficult to get tickets in the past so I decided to skip it. I'm probably getting too old and crotchety to deal with the crowd anyway. :lol

Guess Pearl Jam didn't bring down the system before they drifted away into irrelevancy.

Metallica. Going to be the 4th time seeing them. hope they aren't too old.

I'm trying to get tickets to this concert that was just announced and it looks like they're splitting up into several ticket presale events before they officially go on sale. I got my code for the first presale and for a straight hour, no dice. I kept refreshing, adding tickets to basket and boom - they were gone.

I got wind of another presale and there's still plenty of seats but they're *****ty ones - upper level, corner sections. I'm debating whether or not to grab these for sure seats and try for better seats when the official sale date begins, then resell the *****ty ones. All the signs point to scalping being illegal but I'm already seeing tickets on the second market fetching for above face value. What gives?

it is ticket fraud, it depends who buys them, thats how you get busted. YES people still get busted for that.. I guess it is all about your luck. whether or not you are willing to risk it. Ticket resale is a form of arbitrage
It depends on your state too. some states are more harsh about this than others.

Something similar happened to me recently with the Pumpkins tickets. There was no presale, but people were selling tickets about a few weeks in advance and come sale day, the first 20 rows were already sold despite me being there literally the second it went up. I could understand 5-6 rows, but 20???

Scalping is nothing new , Elvis tickets could go for 100 back in the 70s.......

Saw Metallica in early 2000s with Godsmack opening. Metallica was absolutely great. I can’t believe how many tickets already sold through their fan club and Spotify sales. Anyone else going to BOK show?

I saw them in 1996. . .and they were too old, then.

Yea, it's been 96 since I saw them. Haven't cared for anything they've made after the mediocre Load/Reload. But since Robert Trujillo has joined them they have been playing Orion live. And I have to experience that. :)

Back