NEW Bettie Page statue being developed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Dynamite

Freakzoid
Reaction score
We're currently developing a Bettie Page statue. More photos to come before it goes on pre-sale!

Attachments

• BETTIE 360 ks12 crop.jpg
    BETTIE 360 ks12 crop.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 226
    BETTIE 360 ks12 crop.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 219
    BETTIE 360 ks12 crop.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 215
Hmm ...need to see the whole statue. Right now her upper abs looks funky.

It's based off a cover from a comic book. But I agree the paintwork on her abs looks funny, I think part of this statue needs to be given more liberty on realism rather than being stylized to be in tone with the comic art.

It's based off a cover from a comic book. But I agree the paintwork on her abs looks funny, I think part of this statue needs to be given more liberty on realism rather than being stylized to be in tone with the comic art.

That's correct, this pose is modeled after a famous illustration of Bettie in the 1980's Rocketeer comics by Dave Stevens. For Dynamite's recent Bettie Page comic series, Terry Dodson paid homage to that image with his cover for issue #1.
View attachment 396104

Attachments

• Bettie Dodson cover SM.jpg
    Bettie Dodson cover SM.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 166

The painter on this prototype did go a bit heavy on the shadows which is giving her overly defined features in places like her abs. We felt it was too much as well, so our final product will be "softer".
BETTIE 360V209 crop.jpg

Might I add that the look on the proto's face is more "for me?" than startled. Tough to convey in the static medium. it's the pupils

i want a great Bettie statue but not too excited by a statue based on comic art...sigh

i want a great Bettie statue but not too excited by a statue based on comic art...sigh

Exactly, I want a great realistic statue of Bettie in tone with the high end quality Blitzway did with their 18 inch Marilyn Monroe and Catherine Tramell statues. I actually contacted Blitzway for a consideration but like always I get the same answer with sales affected by popularity, obtaining the rights to her likeness.......etc. It's a shame Bettie's iconic status is somewhat unknown. But with this statue, I may consider getting it if the final product ends up being more realistic and less stylized both in paint and sculpting. I would rather they give us a realistically done Bettie and retain the just the pose of the art the statue is based off. I wonder if there will be a glossiness to her hair in the final version to replicate Bettie's shiny hair. The face to me is not that bad. I'm not sure if her eye make up is too much or not, Bettie had that girl next door natural beauty and didn't really use a lot of make up in her photos. It definitely beats other statues of her done in the past. When it comes to Bettie Page, any pinup themed statue can base their appearance off her characteristics and look, but that doesn't necessarily mean I see Bettie in it.

Mondo recently revealed a 12 inch "Rocketeer and Bettie" statue they did, it wasn't bad; just her face itself was immediately recognizable. They're exclusive version that included 2 heads was immediately pre-sold out, I'm somewhat pissed I missed the cutoff for pre-order but I knew it was bound to happen since MONDO has been typically known to be shady in their marketing strategies. Now that I've seen this DYNAMITE statue, I have hope to collect another Bettie Statue worth owning.

The only one I have so far is Executive Replicas 1/4 scale statue with removable clothes, the statue is definitely high end quality. That final product retained it's nice sculpt, getting here body shape very accurate, but the final paintjob however was a slight disappointment. Overall I still thought it was definitely a nice statue and maybe the best we'll ever get, they did only make 250 of them. Good Luck trying to find one on ebay, she's as rare to find as Sideshow's Premium Format "Pretty Lady" Leatherface.

Last edited:
We're working on interactive accessories that can be displayed in any way the owner wishes.
Bettie STD DLX compare.jpg

Attachments

• Bettie compare.jpg
    Bettie compare.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
How tall will the statue be, and how much will it and the standard and deluxe accessories cost?

It sits about 9.5 inches tall and, with enough pre-orders, we hope to turn the standard edition into the "deluxe" edition so fans get the same, original retail price of $189.99 for EVERYTHING. Pre-orders start tomorrow and we'll be offering a limited intro price of $140.

It sits about 9.5 inches tall and, with enough pre-orders, we hope to turn the standard edition into the "deluxe" edition so fans get the same, original retail price of $189.99 for EVERYTHING. Pre-orders start tomorrow and we'll be offering a limited intro price of $140.

Will you provide a link for the preorder, and at the placement of preorder will payment be charged in full or by a partial down payment, or will payment be charge at the time of release and shipping?

Attachments

BETTIE 360 ks12 crop.jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 39
  • BETTIE 360V209 crop.jpg
    BETTIE 360V209 crop.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 39
If it actually looked like Betty I'd be in, but as it stands, not so much.

And yes, I do realize this is based comic art.

Back