Statue XM Studios - BATMAN SHOGUN 1/4 Premium Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dw316

Super Freak
Reaction score
28378549_2005084836378872_2661309541612704939_n.jpg

28515052_2005084839712205_3025445842701943433_o.jpg

28238130_2005084856378870_6867520667351626763_o.jpg

Appreciate the artistic expression put into this but no interest in this iteration of the character.

I had a strong liking and urge to get their first Rising Sun Batman. That’s why I have it in my collection right now.

However, this second one ...I’m not feeling it. Perhaps I’ll look at it again when it’s rendered.

Just your opinion. :lol

The reality of XM is that people hop their wagons, and drop massive money. After losing luster within 2 weeks, people attempt to load them off; by that point people are losing nearly 40% of the already 80% inflated price.

Now add that people aren't feeling anything outside of legit source material, and mix in Prime 1 (which gives you massive and more detailed piece for the same price as XM, along side of better CS from Sideshow and reward points), and their 200 variants per second; the lore dies. Not to mention almost every for of mytho-styled Batman is taking a turn and no one is feeling it.

Are the sculpts horrible? Not in render form. Cool concepts? I suppose so. Is this another hyped up XM piece to lose? Abso-****ing-lutely.

I shall stick w comic theme. No space and too costly too statues now days. Cool concept by XM but I shall pass

The reality of XM is that people hop their wagons, and drop massive money. After losing luster within 2 weeks, people attempt to load them off; by that point people are losing nearly 40% of the already 80% inflated price.

Now add that people aren't feeling anything outside of legit source material, and mix in Prime 1 (which gives you massive and more detailed piece for the same price as XM, along side of better CS from Sideshow and reward points), and their 200 variants per second; the lore dies. Not to mention almost every for of mytho-styled Batman is taking a turn and no one is feeling it.

Are the sculpts horrible? Not in render form. Cool concepts? I suppose so. Is this another hyped up XM piece to lose? Abso-****ing-lutely.

When you say massive money who are you referring to. As my understanding is the prices for XM statues are no different from Sideshow or Prime 1. You kinda miss the point about XM. They tend to do statues no one else is doing and they sell pretty well.

I would love to see Sideshow do this stuff but they do the same thing over and over. It gets boring really quickly until you see gems like Thanos on Throne and Magneto Deadpool.

Can you give examples of what statues they make that are horrible?

I would agree that this doesn’t look too inspiring. But to say they make rubbish period is a bit ridiculous lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say massive money who are you referring to. As my understanding is the prices for XM statues are no different from Sideshow or Prime 1. You kinda miss the point about XM. They tend to do statues no one else is doing and they sell pretty well.

I would love to see Sideshow do this stuff but they do the same thing over and over. It gets boring really quickly until you see gems like Thanos on Throne and Magneto Deadpool.

Can you give examples of what statues they make that are horrible?

I would agree that this doesn’t look too inspiring. But to say they make rubbish period is a bit ridiculous lol

Mainly Americans, as it seems Asian, some European, and Australia don't get raped on shipping cost; it's still expensive, but not in comparison to Americans, which tend to be the ones that load off the pieces. Averaging between 350-450 USD, and add 150-300 USD for having someone do your orders, plus the cost which averages from 700-1100 USD; so assuming a big, heavy, and sought out piece could be punching in around 1600 USD. Sideshow with shipping and VATS will be adding close to about 300 USD on top of retail, which equates to about 800 compared to 1200-1400 Prime 1 (heavier and larger than XM), and 1600 to an XM quarter scale piece. I hope that explains where money is coming into the picture.
- As for the line of "do[ing] statues no one else is doing" is simple. Seeing that they have only an restricted license to sell only within Asia, that doesn't cost them as much, add the fact they have many of the logistical factors near-by for printing and painting, and that they can only ship around them, they literally can't have risk. Add also the shady selling tactic where people assume they instantly sell-out because of craftsmanship, opposed to the fact that they give dealers and sellers a large chunk of product before it even actually goes up for pre-order -- shows why it makes it seem like they are a powerhouse. With only that limited license and no risk, of course they are able to make a variety of other characters.

Sideshow has to do it because they have SO MANY licenses, and add that even when they do release something, everyone is all bark and no bite. I have seen so many people say that Cheetah is one of the most gorgeous pieces from Sideshow and from the DC line, yet it took the exclusive 18 months to sellout on a 500 ES, since it went up after SDCC 2016. So to make funs to make other obscure characters, of course we need another Captain America, Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Wolverine etc.

As for horrible statues:
Pedophile Dr. Strange
Anime Femme Fatale line:
-Black Widow
-Captain America
-Phoenix
-Medusa
-Witchblade
-Ms. Marvel
-Elektra
-She-Hulk
The Immortal Chlamydia Fist
Off-Scale chocolate carved chess piece, Kingpin
Hallmark Anakin Skywalker Legacy
Spider Gwen, Tyrion Lannister's twin sister
Giant Octopus with add-on Namor
Magdalena and Black Bolt, Inception statue with additional statue

Although many of those have something that nails it down, it is a variety of issues. From perfect teeth (yes, that is an issue), sloggish bases like Lizard, off-scale anatomy like Gorilla-thighs Electro, and so much more. It would be easier to say that the better to best statues of XM are the following:
Cable
Black Panther (although his suit is one color, no shading or variety)
Iron Man MK7 and Classic
Samurai Batman
Catwoman (portrait only)

Of course this is all opinion, but I hope no one gets blinded by fanaticism and views all of XM as flawless masterpieces. No company is perfect, so I hope this doesn't become a debate; but I really would not be surprised if XM takes a bad turn like IS.

Noted.. Moving on before the thread gets derailed =)

Noted.. Moving on before the thread gets derailed =)

I just can’t be bothered to be honest! I hope this turns out well. Bane looks really good. Hopefully we see more of him at the next shows

Back