DC: Kara Zor-El

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nash

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not the best photographer but this is what I got. Pretty nicely done statue, and the base is translucent and cool. The only thing I could think of to improve would be to have a bigger scale. This is about a 10" statue, as most DC Direct statues are. I hope someday we get a 20" Supergirl statue from one of the companies. I love Michael Turner's art and Bruckner's sculpting. Can't wait for his Aspen Kiani statue.

kara10.jpg

kara9.jpg

kara8.jpg

kara4.jpg

kara6.jpg

kara1.jpg

Kryptonian magic!

Almost as magical as this

IMG_2833.jpg

I've seen the Superman one...they just used the flames for support.....the Supergirl however involves Satan I would bet.

SolidLiquidFox said:
DC Direct is hit and miss. Mostly "miss". This piece is pretty cool though.

yeah I agree. They really need to get better production workers...given the fact their pieces are pretty pricey for most of the products you end up with.

That's extremely well done and very true to Turner's art-style and capturing it in a 3-D. Well done!

Unlike the DC Direct "Return of Supergirl" figures they did that looked like crap!

Very nice Supergirl statue. I have that one too and it really does look very nice in person. Good pics too!!

Not a huge fan of the art style, but I have this one because I like Supergirl. The base is very cool, one of the reasons I got the statue.

Thanks Eli. got her for $230, much cheaper than what ive seen them go for. Yeah it's expensive but im a superman fan and love michael turners stuff.

I wonder what retail was for this piece?

And I dont know what customizerwannabe is talking about, the paint applications on this is pretty damn good.

nash said:
Thanks Eli. got her for $230, much cheaper than what ive seen them go for. Yeah it's expensive but im a superman fan and love michael turners stuff.

I wonder what retail was for this piece?

And I dont know what customizerwannabe is talking about, the paint applications on this is pretty damn good.

You obviously don't know what I was talking about. Paint applications look fine on this. I meant DC direct in general and especially the busts.

I'm loving the direction of DCD right now - the Hughes busts, Batman B&W, 13" line, Cover to Cover series and the best action figures in the business.

I agree that the paint apps on some items haven't been fantastic, but that can be true from any company - including GG and SSC. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

I've never had issues with my DCD paint apps, granted I don't own everything but enough to formulate a judgement on my part.

Back