Where to sell online?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaidragonfire

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I've been collecting different collectibles since the 70's. DC, Barbie, Hot Wheels, action figures, statues, collectible plates, trading cards..............

Aside from Ebay, Amazon, and Craigslist......are there any specific collectible sites that just deal with selling these items? Some place where collectors would go to find these types of collectibles for sale on one site?

I've been looking for such sites over the past two years, but the collectibles sites I find are either genre oriented, or super specific as to what they do allow to be sold on their site. I don't find any site that is just dedicated to the sales of collectibles in general.

Are there any such sites?

It's a great question. While those sites you mentioned are the most popular for overall collectibles, I think you would need to go to whatever is the most popular fan sites, like this one for example, and sell on their message boards. A couple I know of I listed below; you can google the names for links. Hope it helps.

Transformers - TFW2005
GI Joe - Hisstank
Star Wars - Rebelscum
General Action Figures - Toyark

Sounds like he is looking for a one stop shop which doesn't really exist other than those posted(or similar like letgo). I guess there is a fairly large facebook BST section, but don't use it myself.

I used facebook marketplace to sell stuff but it's mixed results. While some stuff flies, others just sit forever and do nothing(even if they're actually worth something). It comes down to if you're willing to ship things too. I tried to sell locally in Kansas City, MO and horror stuff and a few DC and Marvel figures moved but anything more niche than that just sits mostly. I tried selling a Star Ace Harry Potter figure and it just sat until I finally changed the post to shipping available. Once people outside of Missouri saw it, the offers began and I sold it today.

But yeah, you just gotta know where to look.

I used facebook marketplace to sell stuff but it's mixed results. While some stuff flies, others just sit forever and do nothing(even if they're actually worth something). It comes down to if you're willing to ship things too. I tried to sell locally in Kansas City, MO and horror stuff and a few DC and Marvel figures moved but anything more niche than that just sits mostly. I tried selling a Star Ace Harry Potter figure and it just sat until I finally changed the post to shipping available. Once people outside of Missouri saw it, the offers began and I sold it today.

But yeah, you just gotta know where to look.

Aside from the selling section here, eBay would be my go-to. There's just too much exposure that you get through eBay that makes it hard to beat.

I stopped selling on ebay years ago. I feel they just take too much off the top from a sale that it doesn't become worth it. It's a great place with a large inventory to buy from, but I'd rather stick to message boards for selling.

I stopped selling on ebay years ago. I feel they just take too much off the top from a sale that it doesn't become worth it. It's a great place with a large inventory to buy from, but I'd rather stick to message boards for selling.

I listed my stuff lower than the ebay prices by more than the fee difference and they still sell faster on eBay. I pretty much gave up selling here, its too slow and you can't get a decent price for anything.

I've never had a problem selling on ebay. I've had an account for over 10 years now. I do sell stuff on there, but only something that I know would sell and I would get a decent price for.

The problem I'm having is I was looking at "Mystery Boxes" that are supposedly a hot item on ebay now. Seems rich kids spend money on this stuff, not knowing what they are going to get.

After talking to some other ebayers, it seems that ebay doesn't like that method of selling and has banned it......even though they still allow it.

My other problem is, I don't have time to photograph all this stuff and research what they are worth. I have a good "ballpark" figure of what they are worth, and I'm happy with selling them for that amount. But like MegaPrime33 stated, they take too much off the top, so I was looking at other options.

And yet another problem is having to ship around 8-10 boxes (16x16x16) of collectibles. Of course the shipping prices would be added to the price of the listing.

It was suggested by an ebayer that I sell this as one "lot" of collectibles, and just take a couple of photos of everything that will go into the boxes, and sell "as is" and "what you see is what you get". This way, people know whats in the collection, but there aren't any indepth descriptions for each piece.

So, when I have time, I think I'm going to just take photos of groups of items that will go into each box. That way they know whats in each box.

Thanks for the input guys.
I

Well, after all this time, I finally got it all together. Had more than I thought. But some collectibles are not comic or superhero based, but I want to get rid of it all.

I have had it listed on ebay for a month now, and so far LOTS of lookers, but no bidders. Not even an emailed question about it.

Ebay only allows 12 pics, so I can't post all the pics I have, although I have stated in the posting that more pics are available.

I've got 14 (18x18x18) boxes of this stuff. Seeing as it took me this long to get it all together to sell, it might take as long to get it all sold.

Unfortunately it's so much stuff, I can't sell outside the USA, otherwise customs would have a fit and the buyer would probably not get half of the stuff sent.

Still looking for other potential places to sell this stuff as "one lot".

Back