Figma Alien & Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sachiel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Designed by Takayuki Takeya

18-3.jpg

19-1.jpg

1518932614342.jpg

Last edited:
duuuude a takaya designed figma pred? sold :clap can go next to my HT samurai pred by takaya.

nada wrong with other artists doin their ver of predators, is like MCU vs Comic styles IMO. he has doen many vers over the yrs i think, aliens also. garage type kits and statues.

oooo dig that very not-figma style ab crunch on the pred!:clap

I bet my hat that these wee Xenomorphs will have way better articulation than the latest attempt by HT.

everything has better articulation than HT's alien.
well, except for garden gnomes popular in "Props / statues" section.

I passed on the MonsterArts Big Chap because I didn't like the skull but I may get this one.

I bought Monsterarts Big Chap and then sold it, as unlike the Monsterarts Predators - the Alien was underscale. It max at the height around 6 inches when it should have been 7 inch like the Predator. Only the Monsterarts AVP alien was scaled more accurately

Sent from the Slave1

Yeah, that is rather tasteless... that wasn't in any of the movies, right? I didn't know Hot Toys was just making up Predators at this point. Wonder when they'll maike a white male predator complete with briefcase? :slap

Tasteless? This is based on Takayuki Takeiya’s artistic interpretations of the Predator. Takeiya is an extremely talented Japanese artist and figure sculptor and has been licensed by Fox to do Predator art and has quite a few great pieces. Hot Toys tried an Artist Series of figure’s and the Samurai Predator was one of them.

I suggest you all do some research, there’s some great design work OUTSIDE of the Predator movies. The diversity is GOOD for the franchise and helps it hit a wider audience.

That Samurai Predator is also highly sought after and goes for $700+ on eBay... I’m surprised Hot Toys hasn’t done another one yet.

Tasteless? This is based on Takayuki Takeiya’s artistic interpretations of the Predator. Takeiya is an extremely talented Japanese artist and figure sculptor and has been licensed by Fox to do Predator art and has quite a few great pieces. Hot Toys tried an Artist Series of figure’s and the Samurai Predator was one of them.

I suggest you all do some research, there’s some great design work OUTSIDE of the Predator movies. The diversity is GOOD for the franchise and helps it hit a wider audience.

That Samurai Predator is also highly sought after and goes for $700+ on eBay... I’m surprised Hot Toys hasn’t done another one yet.

Agreed. I love this samurai design, it fits the honorable warrior theme of the Predator very well. Hopefully it scales with the Movie Realization samurai line so I can have Predator vs Darth Maul hah!

Let me just say we have different tastes then, which is really okay (despite the number of arguments that pop up here on SSF) - it's just not my thing. If a non-Japanese artist had done it, I'm sure someone would be saying it's tasteless AND racist... you know how PC has invaded so you can't say anything without offending someone. So, not my thing, I'll leave it at that. Better?

Is the whole Star Wars samurai line tasteless? Or is this tasteless just because of the cut up alien?

Back