Action Figure Mezco One:12 Jason Voorhees

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BurningRage

Super Freak
Reaction score
Toy-Fair-2018-Mezco-One12-004.jpg
Toy-Fair-2018-Mezco-One12-005.jpg
Toy-Fair-2018-Mezco-One12-006.jpg

The clothes look Mego-y (and also the wrong colors for Part 3). Since it won't be out until at least 2019 hopefully this is a rough, early version that they'll tighten up and improve.

I almost yelled when I saw the first picture, but then the clothing sank in. It really does look very Mego-ish. Great idea, but the execution needs some... tailoring.

I really like the look of that Jason.

But we have to mention that there's little difference between that and the Neca Mego one :lol

jason-mego-1.jpg

Mezco one has a better fit but it really needs some weathering.

Glad to see Mezco expanding their line! This figure needs some work for sure, but I'll be interested in the final product. The One:12 line is expensive, and I don't always see that translate into the quality of their toys.
NECA are a great example of when things are done right... they have done an exceptional job with their retro cloth figures given the price-point. They deliver a great product, that's fun to collect without breaking the bank.

Whoever thinks this looks anything like the NECA's mego figure is freaking blind! :lol
If I was into this scale I'd def get Mezco's. It doesn't look awesome but still so much better than NECA's crappy mego figures and even regular ones with diapers for pants.

Yeah, those TA pics are very deceptive, after seeing some pics without flash, I take it back, he's looking much better.

Mezco%2052__scaled_800.jpg

He still needs some weathering but that paint-job is real nice.

I've gotten pretty invested in the one:12 line. I have Modern Captain America, Frankenstein, Batman and Punisher. I have 2 Knightmare Batman exclusives pre-ordered, one Ascending Knight, one Batman Day exclusive all black Ascending Knight, 2 Michael Myers, one Batman from the Avengers movie and 2-Clockwork Orange figures. I just happen to be a Batman fan. This however, at the moment, is a big bright NO! I'll reserve that I might get one but as of now, it looks horrid. The clothing is baggy and looks worse than the Neca Megos which are supposed to stylistically be like the old school mego figures that weren't near the 1/6 quality of today. I imagine they will make improvements and if they do, those improvements might make it a purchase. It does look a little to stylized and too "generic" as opposed to being strictly from one film.

He's up for pre-order now.

Still don't really like how the clothes look but I might just get him. I wonder if they'll do a Final Chapter variant or possibly an entirely new figure based on that one. Part IV has always been my favorite look for him.

Looks good and so many accessories! I wonder if this will be a one and done or they'll make other Jasons too. I imagine this is the easiest Jason to make at this scale as he's still "clean" looking. Zombie Jason has shredded up clothing and other details that might be hard to do at this scale.

I don't think I've seen a single Mezco figure that isn't like a special version or whatever, that has been sold out before release.

They usually stick around for a while in stock, some longer than others, there are also some others that haven't sold out at all.

I've seen that it's usually after initial release that people start getting hyped up via word of mouth and then they start to sell out.

Jason looks great, clothing needs weathering.

And for the love of Quetzalcoatl, get a better poser/photographer.

Back