What are plans for collection after you die ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highlander1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello everyone been thinking about this question ??? What are your plan's for collection after death ? We spend Tons of funds on our beloved characters memorabilia and props to movie poster's autographs. What if just left to a family member would they know what we left them as in price's n value's or custom's or rarity ??? I myself do not have set plan yet but would like to leave to friends or family who would appreciate instead just selling off after we are gone. Again just like to hear thought's of this subject ???

If I don't sell all or some of it, give it away to friends and/or family.

OR

Go the viking route and take it with me by packing it all in my car and setting it on fire, somewhere in the high desert probably.

Oh, I plan on getting rid of my collection long before that. Most of my figures are rubber HT figs, and those things come with expiration dates. I'm probably going to start selling this year.

Whatever I collect will probably already be gone by then, assuming I die an old man:monkey3

I'll def be giving a car or delorean or my 89 or ecto-1 if buy her to my older bro i think he has helped me so many time's fixing cars thru the years its only fitting to give to him. I never plan on selling and as of now no kids and no plans for any unless marry someone with then of course be up to better half to leave to. I like to think if left a Dr.jones to other brother that joking tried to rip my heart out indy style when was kids fighting playing he 'd get the joke smile seeing after was gone. As for so many others still undecided but again rather leave certain characters to my beloved friends who'd know why i left some specific character's to my friends n family they might know why.

Last edited:
just let the government sort that out in a state sale. problem solved

I have 2 young sons (8 and 10) . Not to mention a wife who's not a big fan of statues. My boys will probably keep some and my wife will sell whatever they don't want. Either way it won't matter to me when I'm taking a dirt nap.

My kid have turned out to be geeks like this old man....

I am sure they will split them up.....

My son is already collecting high end cars (autoart) and the daughter likes Funkos..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

231256701.jpg

My wife and I joke about this often. I told her to sell it all off for whatever its going for except for whatever my favorite Spidey would be at the time, that ones going into the casket with me.

All my stuff will be sold off and the money given to my niece to take care of any pets I have when I die. Most likely i'll sell it myself and put the money in a trust since I know what it's worth and she doesn't.

It would depend on how my life goes, but say if nothing changes, whatever I don't sell beforehand I'll just leave to my eldest nephew, like I plan on doing with everything else.

Already sold half of the collection. No plans to buy more. Well maybe 1-3 more but no more, wink, wink. Going to enjoy it while he's still alive. The state will auction whatever is on the block after. That will be unless some how he fall in love with a woman and all changes. They already tried and failed. Who's to say they will stop.

I know 1/6 is still a kinda of rare hobby and dont know how people will feel when leave the collection in the will. Dude collected doll's lol i can hear it already joking then once they get it am i just leaving a addiction lol ??? To them idk ??? Anyway i dont hide my hobby and def appreciate how young this hobby still is the world. Born from barbie n gi joe that just get's better n better each year. Just love the art of it all and hope that's what they get why i loved it. Anyway hope none of us have to worry about this for very long time... Keep on growing the collection all for many years to come...:duff

I have no idea, but I hope to have something worked out down the road.

This is a depressing thread. :lol

(Not an inappropriate question though.)

I dont think its depressing more of reality and resbonsibity to be prepared. Life can change in seconds and you could be gone in a flash. I just think its smart to plan ahead is all. Def if have large collections assets car's house's etc.... Just another part of growing up as i see it to be responsible plan ahead for good or bad time's.

I feel like once i get past a certain age these things wont matter to me as much as they do and i will have sold 90% of it to put toward something else i love just as much. Id keep the stuff i could never replace until i get close to death, then sell it and give the money to someone who deserved it in my will. By then id have a real healthy retirement and plenty of money saved anyway, so it would just be additional to that money.

Back