Statue Kotobukiya 90's Cartoon X-Men

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukefett

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://news.toyark.com/2018/02/14/x-men-1992-wolverine-jubilee-statue-2-pack-kotobukiya-285793

https://news.toyark.com/2018/02/15/preview-x-men-1992-cyclops-beast-statues-kotobukiya-285889

A Kotobukiya Japanese import! In 1992 the Fox Network revolutionized superhero comics adaptations with the groundbreaking animated series X-Men. Featuring complex storylines pulled right from the pages of Marvel Comics as well as cool characters and high quality art, the cartoon gained instant acclaim and has continued to be popular to this day.

Now, you can collect two of the stars of that show with the brand new X-MEN ’92 WOLVERINE & JUBILEE TWO PACK ARTFX+ STATUE set from Kotobukiya! Right from the very first episode Jubilation “Jubilee” Lee was a central character, a young mutant learning about the battles going on for her rights and safety. Despite being very different, she and the scrappy brawler Wolverine would become good friends and share many adventures. Now these two X-Men join the 1/10th scale ARTFX+ Statue collection in an exclusive two-pack capturing their classic animated look! Nostalgia reigns supreme and the mutants are back in action! Front and center is one of the most beloved X-Men ever, Wolverine, and he’s rocking his classic blue and yellow costume. He stands in a very low attack pose, hunched forward threateningly with a grimace on his face and his claws popped and ready. Meanwhile, his sidekick the excitable young Jubilee stands reaching for the sky, a big smile on her face as she unleashes her firework-like energy plasmoids. Both heroes’ costumes are incredibly vibrant with bright colors, recreating the vintage feel in bold yellow, blue, red, and black. While these statues do not include magnets in their feet or bases (they stand up just fine on their own) their straightforward designs and color schemes provide an optimal balance of quality and value.

Sculpted by master artisans Ikkei Jitsukata and Keita Misonou respectively, these ARTFX+ statues stand in 1/10 scale. And as a special bonus this two-pack comes to you in a box decorated with art and details resembling toy packaging from the early ‘90s. Relive the excitement and fun of the classic X-Men ’92 comic and TV show with these fantastic mutant heroes!

Koto-X-Men-1992-Statue-Set-001.jpg

Koto-X-Men-1992-Statues-001.jpg

Koto-X-Men-1992-Statues-002.jpg

I wonder if them looking a lil cheap is on purpose to get that 90s feel. Im just waiting on a gambit announcement for me to jump on this line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if them looking a lil cheap is on purpose to get that 90s feel. Im just waiting on a gambit announcement for me to jump on this line

They do look very very plain but I just think that's in keeping with the cartoon deco. And the more I think about it it's better they're statues. A figure made of these guys would be a bit ruined by the joints.

Am I the only one that thinks these could've been better sculpts?

I like the characters ...not so much the sculpts.

Am I the only one that thinks these could've been better sculpts?

I like the characters ...not so much the sculpts.

I really think its on purpose. I mean al their other 1/10 sculpts are great. Except for the movie ones

They're $75 for the pair at BBTS; that's pretty similar to other Kotobukiya 1/10 statues right? I would hope to find them on sale at B&N some time also.

$75 is a great deal. Single 1/10 statues go for $40-70. Batman and Robin duo are like 90

Anyone who loves this show should get the Blu Ray. It's awesome. These look pretty close to the cartoon. SSC should make them in 1/4 or 1/5. One of the greatest shows along with SMAS, AEMH, AA.

Last edited:
Back