RATE or REVIEW The Last Series You Watched

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lejuan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Fauda(Israeli political thriller, in Hebrew/Arabic on Netflix)

Season 1:

Gritty, well photographed, characterised and acted; conventional story and character arcs for the most part but still delivers tension and some occasional surprises.

A bit "The Wire"-esque in its humanising of players on both sides of the Israeli-Palestine conflict, though the sympathy is naturally with the Israelis.

Each episode is only 30 minutes, makes a good binge-watch.

Not brilliant, but very competent and pretty satisfying/10

The Expanse- Seasons 1 and 2

I really enjoy it. It seems more "realistic", at least as far as Sci-fi goes. It has great visuals and story, but most of all I like the characters. I feel like they're deep and grow as the series moves on.

9/10 for me.

Dexter: Started out a 10/10 but ended up a 5/10 overall.

I hadn't watched the show since it ended and had forgotten just how much the last few seasons sucked. A few seasons are brilliant, but the show goes steadily downhill after Trinity. That series finale is one of the worst endings to a series I have ever seen.

It's hard for me to imagine the show could get worse than Trinity... :lol First two seasons is all I need anyway. They feel like a complete mini-series, while the next two seasons I've watched felt like a poor fanfiction.

This thread makes me wanna dig up my DVD collection although I always binge watch shows at the end of the year.

It's hard for me to imagine the show could get worse than Trinity... :lol First two seasons is all I need anyway. They feel like a complete mini-series, while the next two seasons I've watched felt like a poor fanfiction.

If you haven't watched past the Trinity season then just stop. The later seasons have some decent moments here and there, but the writers screwed the pooch with horrible storylines and bizarre choices for most of the characters. You can feel the show slipping off the rails and then it turns into an absolute train wreck. As much as I wanted it to, it never got back to the quality of the first few seasons.

If you haven't watched past the Trinity season then just stop.
There's no reason to continue. Killing Rita while making a cheesy "full circle" reference to Dexter's origin was so tasteless and out of nowhere... I was angry for severall days.

Dark Season 1 - 9/10

Netflix original German time travel/mystery mind *****k.

Watch it with subtitles rather than the dubbed English.

Really enjoyed it and can’t wait for Season 2.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D season 1 - 7/10

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D season 2 - 5/10

I liked season 1 but disliked season 2 enough that I don't even care about watching season 3 or any of the others.

The Crown Season 1 - 10/10
Westworld Season 1 – Love the concept but the TV show 3/10. Very difficult to get through, kept falling asleep. So many scenes/envirnoments repeat over and over and it gets boring……FAST!!!

I liked season 1 but disliked season 2 enough that I don't even care about watching season 3 or any of the others.
A wise choice, mate.
It only get more tasteless and stupid.
The first half of S3 has some great stuff tho, I won't lie.

The Expanse- Seasons 1 and 2

I really enjoy it. It seems more "realistic", at least as far as Sci-fi goes. It has great visuals and story, but most of all I like the characters. I feel like they're deep and grow as the series moves on.

9/10 for me.

No reason for me to make my comment on the series, because this is what I think about the Expanse myself. It's nearly perfect. Looking forward to season 3!

Altered Carbon Season 1, 10 episodes on Netflix

Interesting enough dystopian sci-fi clone concept with richly designed world-building and FX but clunky exposition and B-grade dialogue/10

Berlin Station Season 1, 10 episodes, Epix

Lightweight Le Carre spycraft drama/thriller, serviceable and familiar with a solid cast and nice scenery/10

Berlin Station Season 2, 9 Episodes, Epix

Emilia Schuele is kinda hot and Rhys Ifans' character is cool, but the show's established a weird mix of thriller and soap opera/10

Victoria Season 1, ITV

Very decent historical drama, beautifully costumed, set and shot and solid turn by Jenna Coleman/10

Troy Season 1, Netflix

Well-produced soap-opera yawnfest of a mythological drama, stopped watching it after 4 episodes/10

Back