Hello There!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggienader

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. Few things about me:

I'm an adult collector that buys figs for 2. My son is really into 3 3/4" Star Wars. Most everything he has is something I've handed down to him from my childhood. We buy new figs too.

I used to be really into The Black Series and Marvel Legends 6" lines, but within the past couple of months I have re-aligned my focus to be Sideshow/Hot Toys and Mezco One: 12 for my 6", exclusively. I also sometimes purchase Figuarts when they're available, but I'm not willing to pay 1/2 or in some cases full HT prices on a 6" figure.

I love sculpt, paint apps, and likeness in an action figure. I don't really focus too much on articulation unless it's a Spider-Man.

Things that irk me:

When a company uses the actors likeness to sell a figure, but the likeness is not apparent. (i.e. anything by Mattel)

When a company does wolverines claws poorly. lol.

When a company adds unnecessary and pointless accessories to a figure to "justify" a higher price point (hello FIGUARTS!!)

and I can't stand retailer exclusives anymore.

I grew up collecting Power of the Force 2 figures from Kenner/Hasbro, but looking at them now I hate them and really can't stand to look at them. Most of them are terrible. I was blown away by the Vintage Collection from Hasbro, but they were cancelled right when I decided to get into them. I know they decided to bring them back, but I'm sure they'll be at a higher price point, which is frustrating to me. I have given up on Hasbro's 6" line because I've grown tired of waiting for them to do what the people want and that is giving us more OT characters. Also, their distribution is very poor and make getting their figures more of a hassle than it's worth.

And lastly: If Mezco acquired the license to add SW OT characters to their One: 12 line I would buy every single one of them in a heart beat.

That's all folks! Thanks for the welcomes!

[FONT=&quot]Hello and :welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif
[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Back