Resin Statues from China

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ejc116

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Has anyone ever bought a resin statue from China off of eBay? I’m wondering what the quality of these things are? I’ve seen terminator heads and arms and the pictures look good but it’s hard to tell.

Those so called statues from China that you are talking about are recasts for sure. You know what that means right?
Stolen work of art ! Copied stuff to get a profit out for themselves where an artist has putted a lot of work into.
Difficult to copy or fake an artist' signature work, so yes quality is bad.

Sorry. I didn’t realize this was a taboo topic. I don’t think they’re necessarily copies. I believe some are originals albeit most likely not licensed. Sideshow themselves have done this. For example their Vader helmet was largely inspired by an independent artist. Nonetheless I was really just wondering about the craftsmanship. Not looking to debate artistic freedoms. They’re still being done by artists so the quality might be good. I just don’t know.

There are two types of 'resin statue' from China, which one did you refer to?
5eb799315c6034a8ff55843acc1349540823766c.jpg
344c918f8c5494ee699533a22af5e0fe98257e6c.jpg
Or simply this?
26494788350_2e54ae49b5_o.jpg
26700441691_9edfa2ca61_o.jpg

Then why is there a thread for the Matrix Studio 1:4 Queen Alien?

Just sayin...

Since there is no offical product of this 1/4 Winston queen, almost everything floating on internet is recast & unlicensed.
It's like before Chronicle collectible was found, there is no problem post all those rex&raptor&dilo bust/JP maquttes.

Since there is no offical product of this 1/4 Winston queen, almost everything floating on internet is recast & unlicensed.
It's like before Chronicle collectible was found, there is no problem post all those rex&raptor&dilo bust/JP maquttes.

You and I will most certainly have to agree to disagree on that.

The original pieces were created for the film as reference pieces by SWS. As I’m sure you’re aware, a licensed cast of the upper body was created by Sideshow. So yes, there is “official” product. Matrix Studios gets away with it here because it’s an attractive recast.

I've purchased the T-800 busts from sideshow and some from China off Ebay just to display around the house.
they are a lot cheaper and i can honestly say i was astonished when they come apart from the removable chip, there is no difference!

Chrome, paint and sculpt were pretty much exact and this is many £100's Cheaper

but you are also taking a risk when ordering no matter what the price

I dont think the personal risk is the issue. The issue is what recasting does to the hobby, the moral aspect and what your money funds when you give it to these people...al types of evil things, that's what. Google it.

What if the piece you want is going for over £1000 on the after market and has long been discontinued? Recast is an option as the maker wouldn't see any of your money anyway. If you buy anything on eBay or from this site then that's the same - the manufacturer won't see any of your money, it's going to the person who is selling it. But apparently that is acceptable according to most folks here

Sorry. I didn’t realize this was a taboo topic. I don’t think they’re necessarily copies. I believe some are originals albeit most likely not licensed. Sideshow themselves have done this. For example their Vader helmet was largely inspired by an independent artist. Nonetheless I was really just wondering about the craftsmanship. Not looking to debate artistic freedoms. They’re still being done by artists so the quality might be good. I just don’t know.

I'll take a step back for the sake of the argument.
I have bought resin kits in the past from China which varied in quality.
Mainly "custom Otaku" pieces.
It all depends on the type of resin used, and the way the cast was molded. (Rotor cast, Injection or simply poured) The way some casts are created require more effort compared to others and should be reflected in the overall price.
In most cases, you get what you pay for. However, unless you contact the person (s) making the piece... there's no real way of knowing what you're gonna get.

What if the piece you want is going for over £1000 on the after market and has long been discontinued? Recast is an option as the maker wouldn't see any of your money anyway. If you buy anything on eBay or from this site then that's the same - the manufacturer won't see any of your money, it's going to the person who is selling it. But apparently that is acceptable according to most folks here

Total BS via fallacious reasoning.

You know it, we know it.

Back