Will Hot Toys Make a Jungle Hunter Predator 2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinkazama

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, folks.I just want to ask, does anyone know if hot toys will make a Jungle Hunter Predator 2.0? Also, will we ever see the AVP Chopper Predator 2.0? Cheers! :)

I'm fairly certain we'll see another Jungle Hunter. Could take a few months, could take a few years, but the Predator line isn't over and that one would be the surest sell of them all.

I certainly hope so regarding an official JH 2.0. It's anyone's guess really and as was mentioned, the Classic Predator was an unofficial JH 2.0, which is why I believe they included the clean bio-mask without the damaged eye piece despite the classic Predator in the actual Predators film only having the BD mask. If I had to venture a guess though, I'd say they will make an official 2.0 eventually. I find it very difficult to believe that they would do updated versions of virtually every other Predator, but not do one for arguably the most popular Predator of them all.

Chopper I'd say is more unlikely at this point even more so than JH, but you never know. People gave up on a Wolf 2.0 and all of a sudden he appeared at SDCC last year.

The reason why I don't think you see many Predator figures (along with other classic characters) is because they know they can release one 5 years from now and the people that will get it then would still be the same people that would get it now, so they're not really in a hurry. What they are in a hurry with however, is making all the characters from MCU, Star Wars and the DCEU to keep up with the hype because 5 years from now, the interest in a Rey figure for instance will probably wane from when (now) the sequel trilogy Star Wars films were the popular thing. The good thing about the sequel trilogy is that it's engendering all these original trilogy characters as well while the Star Wars craze is in. However, the buyers of the original trilogy characters are probably still the same people that would have bought it 5 years ago, as mentioned earlier.

I have my MMS90 JH and though you could tell literally every other Predator in my collection is heads and shoulders better, he still gets the job done for now as serving as an adequate JH representation, as he does have some good qualities about him. However, whenever that 2.0 gets announced, he's history.

Fingers crossed that this new Predator film produces a JH 2.0. Probably not though.

Yeah, with the release of the new movie, I don't see them revisiting either of these guys anytime soon. Although, I'd love to be proven wrong here. I need a Celtic 2.0 pretty bad.

I also have the Classic Predator with bits and pieces (including stand) from the V1 Predator. And I am totally content with it. Even if a 2.0 came around, I'm not sure I would be motivated to buy it.

:lol

Talking of old... How many of you guys watched Predator in the cinema back in 1987?
I was way too young, at age 7. But I remember hearing adults talk about it for some reason. And I played the NES game. In the early '90s, I remember buying the VHS tape at the mall, and I was in love. It seemed like such a perfect movie for me at the time. Same with Aliens. And in the pre-internet days, and not having kids at school who were also into them, I felt like I was special, discovering these amazing treasures that others out there couldn't possibly appreciate as I did :lol

I wasn't even a sperm.

EDIT: Was an egg, though. That's something.

Fitting, given the Alien theme. :lol

I was way too young, at age 7. But I remember hearing adults talk about it for some reason. And I played the NES game. In the early '90s, I remember buying the VHS tape at the mall, and I was in love. It seemed like such a perfect movie for me at the time. Same with Aliens. And in the pre-internet days, and not having kids at school who were also into them, I felt like I was special, discovering these amazing treasures that others out there couldn't possibly appreciate as I did :lol

I was just a baby but it was about the age of 7/8 that I first watched Predator. It was back in the day we recorded off the TV onto VHS so it was something I always watched growing up. :D

Same here. I think I was under 10. I've watched Predator and all the other 80's greats on Betamax tapes that were rented by my dad back then. Those were the days!

We only had a Betamax through the late '80s or so. So that's how I was exposed to the Star Wars films, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Superman, and the Muppet movies, which were all important formative experiences for me, and have driven my collecting habits over the years.

Does anyone still make the bone trophies from the 1st jungle predator for the classic 2.0 version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back