DC Joker Movie (Non-DCEU)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popnfresh98

Super Freak
Reaction score
It was reported quite some time ago that Warner Bros. is developing a standalone movie for The Joker delving into the iconic villain's origin story and Variety now reports that Joaquin Phoenix is in talks to play the Clown Prince of Crime. Studio negotiations haven't begun yet but he's said to be co-writer/director Todd Phillips' top choice and has agreed to take on the role. Jared Leto, meanwhile, is expected to reprise the role in Suicide Squad 2 later this year.

Phillips met with Phoenix late last year and he's now just waiting for the studio to make it official. The trade also confirms that Scott Silver will join him as co-writer in a movie which is set to, "delve into what it took for the Joker to become a mastermind criminal." As was reported, they add that, "sources say the story will take place in the ’80s and have more of the look of a gritty crime drama than comic-book movie."

I looked up Todd Phillips and you may remember him from writing and directing such films as:

Road trip, the hangover trilogy, starsky and hutch, old school, due date and war dogs. A bit of an odd choice on the directing front but Joaquin would be an amazing choice!

Joaquin would be awesome.

"Wanna know how I got this scar on my lip?"

W8aV4Fo.gif

Seems like a good casting move, but for WB to have multiple Jokers in movies simultaneously? I don't get the strategy. But then again, as pointed out above, it's probably no worse than the current strategy of putting out terrible movies that don't fit in very well with each other stylistically.

I guess that means Leo turned it down. I still wish Joaquin would've played Lex in BvS.

Seems like a good casting move, but for WB to have multiple Jokers in movies simultaneously? I don't get the strategy. But then again, as pointed out above, it's probably no worse than the current strategy of putting out terrible movies that don't fit in very well with each other stylistically.

DC MULTIVERSE

Back