Tadaaa!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yggdrasil

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey there! :wave

Been lurking for ages and finally decided to "take the plunge"! ;)

So here you are! I'm 34, from the north of France.

I've been collecting all sorts of things for as long as I can remember, my biggest collection being a collection of vintage and modern Strawberry Shortcake dolls (and all kinds of related merchandising) which has been sleeping in boxes for years due to lack of place... Same with a huge Dragon Ball collection which was my late husband's.

I started buying 1/6 figures about ten years ago or so. It all started with some Tekken figures from Epoch. Now I have about thirty figures of all sorts. Some are of characters I really like (i.e Sherlock, Tekken...), others are just there because I enjoy the headsculpt, the painting, the outfit... and appreciate the work and quality. For example, I'm not particularly into Marvel, but I've seen most of the movies (I guess you can hardly escape it when you're the mum of an 8 year old boy... :lol ), so I've got a couple of Marvel Hot Toys figures: my son loves them (but he better stays away from them, haha!) because he loves the characters, and I love them because I admire the work and all.

Anyway, I won't promise I'll post much here (mostly because I don't have the time to) but at least I won't be frustrated anymore whenever I want to "intervene" in a thread! :lol

Oh, and it feels good being here, I feel less like a weirdo :lol (because according to my family and friends, you have to be nuts :cuckoo: to spend that much money on pieces of plastic...)

:wave

Oh, here is the list of my 1/6 figures.

MARVEL (Hot Toys)
Tony Stark arc reactor creation
Tony Stark mechanic
Captain America WS + Steve Rogers set
Loki TDW
Thor Ragnarok roadworn

Edit: + Avengers Loki + Dr Strange

DC
Batman BvS (The regular version, not the armored one) - HT
Custom Ben Affleck Bruce Wayne
Superman BvS (HT)

ANIME
Death Note: Light, L & "straight jacket" Misa (Medicom)
Naruto: Naruto & Sasuke (Medicom)
Black Butler/Kuro****suji: Sebastian Michaelis & Ciel Phantomhive (Medicom)

OTHER
BBC Sherlock: Sherlock Holmes & John Watson (Big Chief Studios)
Harry Potter (Medicom)
Severus Snape (Medicom)
Buffy: Spike, Angel & Graduation Day Buffy (Sideshow)
LOTR: Aragorn & Legolas (Sideshow)
Tekken: Kazuya, 2 x Jin (Tekken 3 & 4), Hwoarang (Tekken 4 army version), Steve, Violet - (Epoch)

Cool 1/6 collection you have so far!

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show!
wavesmile.gif

Thanks TwelveInchFigures! :)

I think TDW Loki's headsculpt is meh (I'm just talking about the likeness there, the paint job is really nice): can't quite put my finger on it, but there's definitely something off. But the outfit is amazing indeed. I love it. I especially like that kind of "ribbon" (sorry, I don't know how to call it) which looks either red or golden depending on how you look at it. I love the box too.

I considered getting an Avengers one just for the sake of the helmet but they rarely sell for less than 500$ so i think i'll pass and wait for the next Loki. I was looking forward to Ragnarok Loki (i was a bit put off by the blue outfit at first but then I thought twice about it and realised it could be nice, considering he wears that outfit in most scenes, but from a pic they posted on twitter a while ago, HT apparently went for the original outfit in the end) but I kinda gave up hope on seeing him in pre-order. For now, I think they're going to wait for IW...

I'd really like to get Dr Strange too (love his outfit too!), I'd seen one for about 350$ on EBay yesterday (with a "buy it now option") and hesitated, for too long apparently, as it's gone now... :slap

(I just can't buy from the US or, I don't know, Australia, Hong Kong... Did so a couple of times in the past but the import taxes are just insane!)

Also, the new HT Jack Sparrow is making eyes at me... :lol

Jeez, at this rate, I'll have to stop feeding my son to save money up! Just kidding huh :lol

Sorry for the late reply!

Merci karamazov! :)

Twelveinchfigures: I bought my first 1/6 about ten years ago (Medicom Death Note figures and Tekken figures) and I was being reasonable at that time, only buying a figure now and then. It all went wrong when my son got into Marvel two years ago and that I started to buy HT 1/6 :slap :lol :lol

Now my son will have to skip lunches for at least two years as I bought Strange and Avengers Loki off eBay two weeks ago (got them for a pretty decent deal)

You were right. Dr Strange is amazing! I had only see him on pictures so far, and he already looked impressive, but he's stunning IRL! I absolutely love the cape and the detailed outfit! (my only nitpick is that the poses would have looked better if his ankles had been articulated).

Avengers Loki's amazing too. I had TWD Loki, but I really wanted the full helmet/scepter look. The muzzle's cool too! (God, I just realised this can sound really weird out of context :lol )

Still waiting for Ragnarok Loki though! :impatient:

They teased us with a pic a couple weeks ago but I wonder if they're not waiting for IW now... I do hope they don't give up on him anyway. I really love his helmet, or crown or whatever you call it, at the end of Ragnarok!

Oh, and the IW Thor figure kicks ass! I didn't buy Gladiator Thor (I went for Roadworn instead) because I was hoping they'd release an "eyepatch" Thor. I love the swap out arms, the detachable eye and the all black look. Awwww... I swear HT will be the end of me! :lol

Back