1/6 Eomer on Firefoot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stampe

Super Freak
Reaction score
Wow - just wow

e1.jpge2.jpge5.jpg

Kudos to Weta a for pushing the envelope, this one just doesn't do a lot for me. There's only one rider that I want to see get redone. It'll probably just be ToE and that for me.

The sculpt looks very good but the casual trot (at least how it looks to me from that angle) of the horse doesn't really match the intense action pose of Eomer IMO.

I assume this is capturing the final charge down the hill in "The Two Towers".

That would explain the downhill pose.. Looks pretty good but aside from Environments and Helms, I'm pretty much done with Weta.

Prices have sailed into the "Unbuying Lands" for me, unfortunately.

Looks like it probably won't last till the sale is over, only about 40 of them remaining(unless this isn't the last batch). It was well over 100 left when sale started.

You simply can't pay full retail for Weta pieces these days. Treebeard being the exception. I've always thought their prices were to high. These quick price reductions tell me these prices are really what Weta feel they are worth.

You simply can't pay full retail for Weta pieces these days. Treebeard being the exception. I've always thought their prices were to high. These quick price reductions tell me these prices are really what Weta feel they are worth.

You could probably say that about most any statue in the current market though, not much is holding retail value or rising like in days past. Treebeard was an anomaly, they needed to make more of him and it was unexpectedly discounted out of the gate(which all their stuff should be for earlybirds, then there would be a reason to order early and people wouldn't complain as much when they go on sale afterwards)

You could probably say that about most any statue in the current market though, not much is holding retail value or rising like in days past. Treebeard was an anomaly, they needed to make more of him and it was unexpectedly discounted out of the gate(which all their stuff should be for earlybirds, then there would be a reason to order early and people wouldn't complain as much when they go on sale afterwards)

True but that's mostly an issue with statues holding their value in the aftermarket. What other company is offering roughly 40% off their product within a year of it's release?

Prime 1 is one that comes to mind immediately, they have had some sales that are around that much off for fairly recent stuff.

I wasn't aware they did that. I've only recently ordered my first Prime 1 piece but I only ever look at their product through Sideshow's site.

Back