Chronicle Collectibles Jurassic Park Faux Bronze T-Rex statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robban

Super Freak
Reaction score
Up for pre-order at Chronicle Collectibles! :rock

I have the Breakout T. rex, I'll get this one as well! :)

https://www.chroniclecollectibles.com/product/jurassic-park-bronze-t-rex/

BronzeTRex_0.jpg

I wish they would have does this to begin with. The paint job on their last Rex left a lot of people unhappy sadly.

I like the bronze effect and will be hard to mess up.

I wish they would have does this to begin with. The paint job on their last Rex left a lot of people unhappy sadly.

I like the bronze effect and will be hard to mess up.

Not many who want the regular paint would want this instead though, only reason we are seeing this is the regular one did so well. Even with some of them being poorly done by Tonyami they sold out fairly fast.

I need to get this ordred from somewhere in the UK, anyone seen a pre order?

Not many who want the regular paint would want this instead though, only reason we are seeing this is the regular one did so well. Even with some of them being poorly done by Tonyami they sold out fairly fast.

Wasn't sure how well these sold initially, but glad to hear it! The more the better. Keep the fans happy. Everyone wins. :rock

Wasn't sure how well these sold initially, but glad to hear it! The more the better. Keep the fans happy. Everyone wins. :rock

I guess it was one of their best pieces to date, sold all 1000 relatively quickly. They also confirmed the real bronze version will be "several thousand dollars". I would like to have one, but not sure I would go more than 2K.

I guess it was one of their best pieces to date, sold all 1000 relatively quickly. They also confirmed the real bronze version will be "several thousand dollars". I would like to have one, but not sure I would go more than 2K.

Was there any 'backlash' from the paint app concerns? I guess in my head I made it a bigger deal than what it was. The sculpt looked beautiful, but I thought a lot of negativity I gathered from others was spawned from the final paint apps.

This is faux bronze one looks amazing though (as did the previous painted version). I'll admit that I don't have the first one, so it's hard for me to comment.

Was there any 'backlash' from the paint app concerns? I guess in my head I made it a bigger deal than what it was. The sculpt looked beautiful, but I thought a lot of negativity I gathered from others was spawned from the final paint apps.

This is faux bronze one looks amazing though (as did the previous painted version). I'll admit that I don't have the first one, so it's hard for me to comment.

Of course, even CC was not 100% happy with them and did some in house touchups for US customers. Toynami painted some of the heads oddly, not sure why, but some were bad and others just ok.

I collected a lot of the faux-bronze Star Wars 1/9 scale dioramas several years back. Though the bronze coloring is easier to replicate from prototype to production version, it is possible to screw up the paint job on these. That said, I think this piece has a very good chance of becoming my first (and assuredly only) dinosaur statue.

Happy to report this piece has arrived and it did indeed turn out turn-out terrific! Very nice faux-bronze paint job on this one, not flat at all. From a few feet away it looks like real metal. And considering the ever-increasing prices of statues these days, it's good value for your dollar here as well. So if you're in the market to add a classy Dino piece to your collection, you won't go wrong with this one.

Back