Hot Toys 1:6 Scale 1990 TMNT Movie Figuers? *wishful thinking thread*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaunted

Super Freak
Reaction score
Am I the only one who has an ultimate 1:6 grail that doesn't yet exist?
For YEAAARS I've been wanting Hot Toys to make the 1990's movie TMNT figures. Specifically HT because I didn't like how threezero's modern ones looked like shiny plastic.
I'm talking rubber bodies, no visible joints. The knee and elbow pads cover the joints so there shouldn't be any problems with tearing there, and from what we've seen, shoulders are generally safe. Articulated eyes should be achievable considering the turtles wear bandana's and all you need to do is flip the top of their heads over the bandana to adjust the eyes individually... you could even have swap out mouths by swapping out the bottom half of the face under the bandana, again, concealing any evidence of swappable parts...
I honestly get excited just thinking about it, I've set the bar so high in my head for a product I may never even see. lol.

That is my ultimate grail, though, and if you got excited reading about it then maybe share that excitement to see if we can get the ball rolling on this sort of thing. Add any ideas you have that you think the product can benefit from, real metal weapons, of course, and I think connecting bases that mimic the rooftop at the end of the movie would be dope...

Who's with me?

tmntAllTurtles.JPG

Neca's versions are great - 1/4th scale. a number of retailers are still selling. disguise raphael w/ trenchcoat comes out in feb.

Last edited:
Really? I was only familiar with their 1/4 scale figures.

Like Gaunted, I would love to have these done by Hot Toys, or even ThreeZero. Not sure about rubber bodies, though. Joints from sculpted bodies would be my preference.

Like Gaunted, I would love to have these done by Hot Toys, or even ThreeZero. Not sure about rubber bodies, though. Joints from sculpted bodies would be my preference.

Sorry - you are correct. totally meant 1/4

I'm leaning on rubber because I feel it would more accurately resemble the onscreen turtles. The threezero turtles were sculpted plastic and you can see the shine on their skin which takes away from the realism, IMO

Yea might as well just go with the neca (which are made near perfect) than hot toys. Hot toys are all about disney now with some DC sprinkled in sadly. Back when they first started this could of been a thing but not anymore. Threezero has a chance of making these and other companies are now stepping up and making 1/6 scale tmnt figures like dreamex which are good but hot toys I don't think will ever touch this. It's sad that they devote time and energy into a gold robot but hey.

Don't miss out on the NECA. they may be big but they capture the movie turtles like no other figure has yet.

Either 1/6th would be nice or even just 6” or 7” figures by NECA would be nice. The quarter scale figures are too big in my opinion as great as they are. I might pick up Raphael in disguise but not for sure yet.

I don't see how they could better what NECA have done. With HT they'd probably release a couple then give up on the line or release them years apart. They still haven't released Catwoman to go with the Returns Batman or a Romero Joker to go with the 66 Batman and Robin.

I get that a lot of collectors want them in 1/6 scale over 1/4 scale but doubt HT is the best company for that job.

Yea might as well just go with the neca (which are made near perfect) than hot toys. Hot toys are all about disney now with some DC sprinkled in sadly. Back when they first started this could of been a thing but not anymore. Threezero has a chance of making these and other companies are now stepping up and making 1/6 scale tmnt figures like dreamex which are good but hot toys I don't think will ever touch this. It's sad that they devote time and energy into a gold robot but hey.

Don't miss out on the NECA. they may be big but they capture the movie turtles like no other figure has yet.

The temptation is real to grab the NECA ones but realistically I just don't have a spot for them and I don't want to keep them in boxes in my closet.
I think the closest we may get is a convention exclusive 1:12 version by NECA, and I'd be pretty happy with those, as well

Either 1/6th would be nice or even just 6” or 7” figures by NECA would be nice. The quarter scale figures are too big in my opinion as great as they are. I might pick up Raphael in disguise but not for sure yet.

I'd be happy with 1:12, too

I don't see how they could better what NECA have done. With HT they'd probably release a couple then give up on the line or release them years apart. They still haven't released Catwoman to go with the Returns Batman or a Romero Joker to go with the 66 Batman and Robin.

I get that a lot of collectors want them in 1/6 scale over 1/4 scale but doubt HT is the best company for that job.

Fair point, in terms of them actually releasing them all. They'd really have to announce all four at once for something like this, though I'd settle for one or two turtles by them...

I'd be happy with 1:12, too

Fair point, in terms of them actually releasing them all. They'd really have to announce all four at once for something like this, though I'd settle for one or two turtles by them...

NECA's plan of releasing one Turtle per quarter was ideal. It allowed you to spread the cost but without ever having to wait too long in between each one. As much as I love the Blitzway Ghostbusters, getting all four in one go was a huge hit to the wallet and a little overwhelming. :lol not to mention that huge box causing a lot of shipping headaches. I think a staggered release works best for all concerned as long as its over several months not years. If HT could commit to that I'd be all in.

The temptation is real to grab the NECA ones but realistically I just don't have a spot for them and I don't want to keep them in boxes in my closet.
I think the closest we may get is a convention exclusive 1:12 version by NECA, and I'd be pretty happy with those, as well

Your best bet is dream ex and threezero. They have done the turtles in the past and the demands for 1990 turtles is high so I wouldn’t worry about it not ever coming. For along time playmates was the best we were ever gonna get but that all changed.
I don’t think hot toys will do it but I’m sure another company will

I know not movie turtles but the 1/6 DreamEx figures are awesome if you are looking for some turtle representation in your collection.

Back