Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 147 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1510
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default Re: 3.75" Collecting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Shrek View Post
    Curious if these are individually packaged.
    The are. They come in a special box, but when you open it, all three guards are on their own cards.

Wish I hadn't slept on that barge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)
    Nothing new on the 3.75'' front at SDCC right? My scope was negative, I didn't see anything.
    Last edited by a-dev; 07-19-2019 at 11:46 AM.

People who ordered the skiff and skiff guards three pack from BBTS are getting shipping notices before people who ordered straight from Hasbro.

They said people who ordered from Hasbro Pulse could get their items before other retailers, but I guess that isn't the case at all.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Hoping to get my skiff shipping notice from dorkside soon

The skiffs next to the barge do reinforce the scaled down nature of the barge though. Those skiffs look almost twice the size they should be.
    "Star Wars" - The Tribune - June 1977

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by TaliBane View Post
    Hoping to get my skiff shipping notice from dorkside soon

The skiffs next to the barge do reinforce the scaled down nature of the barge though. Those skiffs look almost twice the size they should be.
    Yeah but it is nice to get scaled up skiffs to fit all the guards on. They were looking ridiculous all crammed onto the old ones.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightstalker View Post
    Yeah but it is nice to get scaled up skiffs to fit all the guards on. They were looking ridiculous all crammed onto the old ones.
    Yeah I need to check that I have all the most up-to-date figs to go on the skiff.

It's just interesting that as massive as the barge is,it's about 50% the size it should be for 4" scale. Hasbro does a great job with fudging scale so it appears to be correct to a 4" figure, even though in reality it's more in scale with a 2" figure.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Nobody wants a 7-foot barge. The current one is already too big for most collectors.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TonTon View Post
    Nobody wants a 7-foot barge. The current one is already too big for most collectors.
    Yeah, the current barge was too big (and expensive) for me. I still love my ROTJ shuttle, but that's about as big as my display space can handle.

All I'm getting at is part of the evolution of SW 4" figs from vintage to POTF2 to Saga era to the past 5-7 years is figures has been edging toward unbelievably screen accuracy (incredible levels of sculpt detail, accurate body proportions and face sculpts, the way they are articulated) I mean many of the newest 4" figures you could blow up to 12" and they would still be very good and screen accurate.

The distortion of scale thing (where the vintage falcon was 1/3 the size it "should" be) worked brilliantly in the vintage era and even the POTF2 era (and perhaps even beyond) but as the figures have increasingly gotten to crazy levels of spot-on accuracy, the fudging of scale just becomes more noticeable.

I obviously understand the practicality aspects - cost, space, ship-ability, buyer numbers etc - and obviously a 7' barge is a non-starter, it's just when you have a new skiff that literally looks like a perfectly scaled down replica of the full-size vehicle to the smallest sculpt/paint detail, with figures that look like little people, better than the miniatures that LFL made for the real models, the skiff/barge scale difference jumps out a bit more than it used to.

Especially in an era where Hasbro goes to crazy scale accuracy lengths like reducing the size of their snowspeeder to make it pretty much 100% screen accurate and look almost as good as a studio scale model.

Any news from the sdcc q&a?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk