Hot Toys 1/6 The Predator Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverStar17

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not much at this point seems to be known about this film or the main Predator's design in it, or even if there will be any other Predators in the film (other clan members, etc). From what I've read I only know that it's apparently supposed to take place between P2 and Predators, yet take place in present day 2018.

Despite that, presuming HT will indeed produce a figure from the film and I'm guessing will have it on display at SDCC, do you plan on getting the Predator from this film? If the design at least looks cool and he's bad ass, I plan on getting it regardless of how good the film actually is for the sake of it potentially looking cool and being a bad ass Predator. And if the film is good, the main Predator is probably still the only figure I'd get from it.

MV5BMTM1MjUxNmEtNzA4Zi00N2U3LTliMjItYzg4ZjYxOWE1MDMzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQyMDMzNzc@._V1_UY1200_CR22,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Yeah I agree , hot toys seems to be treading lighting with aliens and predator stuff. I really hope it's a good movie. It's been to long since we had a predator film

I would get a figure of Boyd Holbrook and Thomas Jane from the film. It'd be cool to see given they made Royce and Noland.

They still haven't been able to show the Alien from Covenant so this could be years out too. NECA will show some stuff sooner and they'll be far more accurate too.

They still haven't been able to show the Alien from Covenant so this could be years out too. NECA will show some stuff sooner and they'll be far more accurate too.

True. HT will probably go more crazy on figures from IW due to its love affair with the MCU, and they'll figure that the release of Wolf will coincide roughly with the release of this film to give people their Predator fix. I'm sure they'll probably do the Predator(s) from this film, just may not be this year as you said.

Yet another case of "cart before the horse", I see.

Not really.

Explanation or not, I'm glad there's now a place we can conduct some good old The Predator speculation. Nice one, Silver Star.

Myself I have low expectations for the film. Will I see it come premiere day? Yes. Will I support it and spread its gospel? As long as its Predators or Covenant level, yes. AvP? Maybe. AvP:R? No.

As for the Predator figure (don't care for human characters), I'll get it either way. With no questions asked. Both HT and NECA.

Speaking of the Predator himself, I saw some (speculative?) promotion material on Instagram, where one could see part of its gauntlet blades. Did anyone else see that?

Then some explanation is required. :lol

I thought the thread title and initial post already did? :lol

Explanation or not, I'm glad there's now a place we can conduct some good old The Predator speculation. Nice one, Silver Star.

Myself I have low expectations for the film. Will I see it come premiere day? Yes. Will I support it and spread its gospel? As long as its Predators or Covenant level, yes. AvP? Maybe. AvP:R? No.

As for the Predator figure (don't care for human characters), I'll get it either way. With no questions asked. Both HT and NECA.

Speaking of the Predator himself, I saw some (speculative?) promotion material on Instagram, where one could see part of its gauntlet blades. Did anyone else see that?

I'm sure it'll at least be decent. I think it'll be better than both AvP films (I thought AvP was decent myself). Probably not better than P1, but probably better than P2. I expect it to be somewhere on par with Predators (currently I think the second best film in the franchise), maybe a little better. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it'll probably be the second best film in the franchise. It won't be perfect, but then again, it's rare that a film ever is for anyone around here. Like I say in the SW section: nobody hates SW more than the most die hard SW fans.

I plan on getting the figure of the main Predator though provided it is a cool looking Predator, regardless of how good the film is or isn't. Wolf is a testament to this; from the worst film of the franchise, but the best Predator of the franchise. I'm like you also in the sense that I don't have any interest in the human characters from the films, just Preds.

And no, I never saw that picture. Care to post the picture if you're able to retrieve it again?

Yup, we seem to be on the same page.

Though I rate Predator 2 equally to Predators as a film, solely because City Hunter is in it. He's far superior to his intergalactic peers in Predators. If only the latter had stronger antagonists, it would've been the second film in the franchise for me as well. (Though a freaking pred should never lose in a damn melee mano-y-mano vs a human. Never.)

Speaking of P2, during this collectible drought, I've set out to hunt down the lost tribe from the end of P2 in NECA format. Will post some in box pics in the Predator & Alien collections thread.

As for the pic, I'll try to find it.

Found it. Posted by alienvspredatorgalaxy over on Instagram. Here's a snapshot of the post.
Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 16.12.43.jpg
Caption:
Here's a brief glimpse at some graphic design for the 2018 Style Guide for Fox licensees for The Predator. #Predator #Predator2 #Predators #ThePredator #Yautja #ShaneBlack #FredDekker #BoydHolbrook #OliviaMunn #StudioADI

Notice:
Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 16.16.35.jpg

Here's a pretty cool video I came across a couple of weeks ago on YT, where some guy gives his opinion on what he feels are the top 5 deadliest Yautja in cinematic universe and gives pretty good explanations as to why each one is where on his list. I'd agree with his list, except I'd personally switch Berserker and Scar simply because the former has more experience.

I agree with the guy in the video that what got Berserker killed, was his own arrogance. Otherwise, I think none of the protagonists in Predators, including Royce, would have stood a chance. He had plenty of opportunities to finish off Royce, but got distracted. I also think Tracker was pretty good, he just sort of met an unfortunate demise with Nikolai; had nothing to do with a lack of strength or skill I think. Falconer's demise was kind of odd. Even though he is a Super Predator, he still could have easily killed Hanzo, but chose to duel him honorably in a straight up fight, with no advantages. Hanzo was simply a slightly better swordsman than him in a straight up sword fight. However, what's odd about it to me is I thought the Super Predators were Bad Bloods, in the sense that they defected from the Yautja honor code and mercilessly killed anything in their path, especially when they had the advantage.

I also think this could be what was their downfall as well, because instead of quickly killing an opponent, it seemed like the Super Predators were sort of arrogant and sinister, and liked to torture or "play" with their victims first before finishing them off. This I think is what got Tracker killed because he could have literally just walked up to Nikolai and brutally stabbed him on the ground to kill him before he set off the grenade; he didn't have to pick up him up and hold him in the air.

Due to space, as far as my Predator collection goes, my goal is to just have what I feel are the main Predators from each film: JH, CH, Scar, Wolf and Berserker. And then to continue that, just the main Predator from this new film. I have Classic, but I'll still keep him. The only other additional side Predator I'd potentially add is an Elder Predator, either from P2 or AvP.

Found it. Posted by alienvspredatorgalaxy over on Instagram. Here's a snapshot of the post.
View attachment 389944
Caption:
Here's a brief glimpse at some graphic design for the 2018 Style Guide for Fox licensees for The Predator. #Predator #Predator2 #Predators #ThePredator #Yautja #ShaneBlack #FredDekker #BoydHolbrook #OliviaMunn #StudioADI

Notice:
View attachment 389946

Pretty cool. Doesn't show much though of course. I wonder how many Preds are going to be in it? The title indicates it's a lone Predator, but some things I've read always refer to a fight with "Predators" in the brief plot details.

I don't like the comic/fan fiction side of all things Predator (or Alien for that matter), but even the movies lay down the pre-requisite trait for a Predator: underestimating your foe in what would've otherwise been an easy victory.

It runs consistent, across all films, in every major Predator. Starting with JH, then CH, Tracker (Berserker not as much, both he and Falconer got outsmarted/outskilled IMO) and Celtic. Only Scar and Wolf were beaten by better opponents. The others simply got arrogant. Some, however got beat fair and square (Berserker, Falconer, Chopper).

Also, mate, I don't know how long you've collected Predators, but myself, I set out doing exactly that; only get one main pred from each film. Three years later, I must say I failed. Enjoyably so, though. If you're in for an Elder, the P2 version (2.0) is the one to get. The AvP one's head is a missed opportunity.

I don't like the comic/fan fiction side of all things Predator (or Alien for that matter), but even the movies lay down the pre-requisite trait for a Predator: underestimating your foe in what would've otherwise been an easy victory.

It runs consistent, across all films, in every major Predator. Starting with JH, then CH, Tracker (Berserker not as much, both he and Falconer got outsmarted/outskilled IMO) and Celtic. Only Scar and Wolf were beaten by better opponents. The others simply got arrogant. Some, however got beat fair and square (Berserker, Falconer, Chopper).

Also, mate, I don't know how long you've collected Predators, but myself, I set out doing exactly that; only get one main pred from each film. Three years later, I must say I failed. Enjoyably so, though. If you're in for an Elder, the P2 version (2.0) is the one to get. The AvP one's head is a missed opportunity.

Yeah I know how that goes. Although in this case, I'm forced to only get those that I enumerated due to space as I mentioned. So I'll stick to those and won't deviate.

Unless you know, I make space by selling off other stuff.

Yay...another Predator for Tsang and Hot Toys to screw up...

:rotfl

Well there's confirmation that's one more of each Predator that will be available for anyone else who wants one, being that there's one less buyer. :lol

Back