Asmus Toys: Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleCP

Super Freak
Reaction score
From a Facebook post about Sam. Hoping for the riding outfit to pair with "Strider" Aragorn.

Sam Arwen.jpg

:clap:yess:
I am glad for any outfit.
Not sure about the sculpt. Hope it will be better looking when painted. But glad we are getting her.
bild119.jpg

Nice! Looks good to me. I just hope they nail the prototype and stick too it this time. Don't want another Tauriel on our hands...

Awesome! Personally I’d prefer one of her gowns, since she wore the riding outfit for less than 5 minutes. Give me a look that represents HER, not a character she took the place of from the book.

He got replaced by Legolas in that first Lord of the Rings cartoon that was made before my time too!

Yeah Asmus! Give us a Glorfindel figure!

There's not much clear reference pics of her in Fellowship (pretty sure the outfit will be from that movie).

There's the battle gear, the gown she wears during the meeting with Elrond and the white dress when she meets Aragorn...? Maybe a blue dress too?

1.jpg
2.jpg

1118full-the-lord-of-the-rings--the-fellowship-of-the-ring-screenshot.jpg

This is very exciting. Looking forward to this very much!

The riding dress may not have had a ton of screen time, but it really is her signature look. I would be shocked if they went with a different outfit.

I would also love it if Asmus would take another stab at 1/6 horses for this line. And I'm crossing my fingers that, if they do, they'd make the horses either completely non-articulated or just articulate the heads/necks. I appreciate that they tried articulating the legs, but I wasn't crazy about the look of all the joints. I like to think of the horse as kind of a figure base rather than a figure in itself. Just my personal preference.

What do you guys think?

I actually do not care about the outfit, but almost sure it will be a riding one, cause it is "action" one, and has a weapon that could come with it (and maybe a horse). What I'm worried about is the good sculpt and paint.:pray:

Helm's Deep Arwen Special Edition :p ElavielEvenstar_livhelm.jpg J/K

I think she probably has more screen time in the riding outfit than anything else...the wedding dress was on screen for maybe a minute or two at most. Also, Arwen's scenes wearing the riding outfit are the ones where she's actually "there" rather than being some sort of flashback or dream sequence.

The only other possibility would be the one from the recent Weta mini-sculpture, and that one would only pair well with a robed versions of Elrond, whereas the riding outfit goes well with Aragorn and the hobbits:

86-01-01294_LOTR_Arwen_002.jpg

I love the blue and red Rivendell outfit but the riding gear is the one for me.

Yeah, the red and blue dress is my favorite look as well (that and the Aragorn funeral dress) but if I'm voting for which figure I want, it's the riding outfit.

Still hoping that someday they finally release a full Blu-ray that finally shows us some of that unused Helm's Deep footage. I'm endlessly fascinated by alternate universe versions of movies. I'd love to see the stuff they decided not to use. (Like footage of Stuart Townsend as Aragorn or Legolas and Gimli boarding the ships into the West, etc.)

Really excited for this one! She's been one of my most wanted figures since day one! And to weigh in on the outfit: I'd like one of her dresses/gowns from Fellowship. There have already been several figures of her in her riding outfit, and the Weta mini with the red and blue was a pretty recent release. I kind of want something different. There's also rumors going around of Weta doing a rider statue of her on Asfaloth, so another tick in the box of wanting something different. And now that I'm thinking about it, I'd love her purple dress from the Elven procession to the Grey Havens. That would look really striking on display with the other figures.

Really excited for this one! She's been one of my most wanted figures since day one! And to weigh in on the outfit: I'd like one of her dresses/gowns from Fellowship. There have already been several figures of her in her riding outfit, and the Weta mini with the red and blue was a pretty recent release. I kind of want something different. There's also rumors going around of Weta doing a rider statue of her on Asfaloth, so another tick in the box of wanting something different. And now that I'm thinking about it, I'd love her purple dress from the Elven procession to the Grey Havens. That would look really striking on display with the other figures.

Especially if we eventually get Galadriel and Elrond in their Elven robes/gowns. The trio in their usual garb would make for a really cool display.

Especially if we eventually get Galadriel and Elrond in their Elven robes/gowns. The trio in their usual garb would make for a really cool display.
Ooh! That would look really nice! I hope Galadriel isn't going to be too far behind Arwen here. She's my most wanted figure right now.

I've always liked this dress on her. The lavender would add some needed color to the display.

But I imagine most people would want the battle/chase outfit she wore. More drab green/brown.

I'd be happy with her chase dress as that was my favorite cosplay I've ever done, by I'm kind of hoping for one of her dresses that has a pop of color too - the coronation gown specifically. Regardless of the overall reception of Star Ace's PoA Hermione and Threezero's Daenerys, I was shocked at how much better my cases looked with the pop of blue and pink. Even from my couch right now, they are the two figures on that side of the room that really stand out from a distance. (And yes, I do already have Arwen represented in some way, shape or form in that part of the room 6 times.)

unnamed-1.jpg

The chase dress, however, does have some purple to it. Not a lot, but a little bit of a pop in the underskirt and lacing.

Something to consider, however, is that with the chase outfit, we will almost definitely get sculpted hair as she has several intricate, very finely detailed fishtail braids. Something like the coronation gown, where her hair is simply down, leaves room for rooted hair.

The sculpt looks incredible to me. I seriously cannot wait to get my hands on this, regardless of what outfit they put her in. To me, there's really no wrong choice.

(I really cannot begin to describe how pumped I am for this. Any and all Arwen gear is an instant, giddy buy for me.)

5e6ad51e96131caec90963bf912a8e14.jpg
Aragorn_and_Arwen_at_coronation.jpg

Back