Original Robocop getting a redone Sequel... wat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CoWZ05t.gif

After the masterful Blade Runner 2049 this makes sense. You bring back Verhoeven, Weller and Allen and ignore the sequels, TV show and remake.

There's great potential here for an amazing direct follow up.

If only this generation had the volume of talented directors that the 80's did, then maybe some of these regurgitated upgrades might actually be good.

I'm not saying there's no directors out there that are good, just not too many of the ones that relish this kind of genre.

Weller is too old, and Verhoeven ain't going to bother.

Old Man Murphy may have been feasible 10 years ago.

Hollywood is too eager to make disposable CBM schlock.

If you want Old Man Murphy than just watch Dark Justice and Meltdown.
I'm sure it's a masterpiece in comparison to what's in store for us with this new film.

Ed Neumeier is a great writer when it comes to satire. Starship Troopers was also brilliant. I'm definitely intrigued, but only if a good director is also involved.

If you want Old Man Murphy than just watch Dark Justice and Meltdown.
I'm sure it's a masterpiece in comparison to what's in store for us with this new film.

I'm not interested in it at all really. Everything that needed to be said ended in the first film.

Whatever amounts from this turd, it won't be unapologetically violent so why bother.

Ed Neumeier
Wrote this:

+

Wrote and directed this:

His old screeplays were good only because those were Verhoeven's projects.
As far as I'm concerned, he's a noone who has zero credibility when it comes to anything cinema.

And because the last Robocop did so well...:(

Not really related, but the other day I heard there's going to be a Mighty Ducks show? Yep. The bad news keeps rooollin' in.

Fair enough. I haven’t seen those others.

Ok, he WAS a good writer when paired with Verhoeven. I’d love to see Verhoeven back. I miss his foray into sci-fi (except for Hollow Man).
Wrote this:

+

Wrote and directed this:

His old screeplays were good only because those were Verhoeven's projects.
As far as I'm concerned, he's a noone who has zero credibility when it comes to anything cinema.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this also your reaction to the announcement of a Blade Runner sequel 3 years ago?

Definitely. But assuming that everyone is now capable of doing the impossible just because BR 2049 did it really downplays the "once in a generation" level of achievement by Villeneuve and everyone else involved.

Back