"Duke Nukem" starring John Cena - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
Michael Bay to direct.

John Cena in Talks to Star in
‘Duke Nukem’ Movie

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/john-cena-duke-nukem-movie-1202673127/

John Cena is in talks to star in Paramount’s “Duke Nukem” movie, a big-screen version of
the long-running video game franchise.

The project is set up at Paramount-based Platinum Dunes, which is operated by Michael
Bay, Andrew Form, and Brad Fuller. No director or writer is attached yet.

Duke Nukem first appeared in the 1991 eponymous video game, developed by Apogee
Software, as a muscular cigar-chomping man who always wears Ray-Bans and sports a
flat-top haircut as he fights aliens to save planet Earth by using enormous physical
strength and his expertise in firearms. He’s appeared in 19 video games as the title
character, most recently in “Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour.”

Platinum Dunes franchises include “The Purge,” “Ouija,” and “Teenage Mutant Ninja
Turtles.” It’s a producer on John Krasinski’s horror movie “A Quiet Place,” opening April

Michael Bay to direct.
otter-grossed-out.jpg

michael bay...
okay, so that means it wont be politically correct and will have hot babes and over the top action

how is that not a win?

michael bay...
okay, so that means it wont be politically correct and will have hot babes and over the top action

how is that not a win?

Damn I shore like yo thinkin boy! This so far > TLJ

Duke is also very oldschool and simplistic.
Bay producing/directing means it'll be a modern looking overdesigned crap.

ok mister smarty pants, WHo would YOU Choose to direct this? who would be your best choice?

quentin Tarantino? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

ok mister smarty pants, WHo would YOU Choose to direct this? who would be your best choice?

quentin Tarantino? :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Tarantino wouldn't work because of the source material. Tarantino does best with dialogue. God Eye and things like thse - You know a Tarantino movie because of it's Long Takes & Tracking Shots and Extended Dialogue Scenes (among others), I mention these two as they are most relevant as while he could no doubt deliver on the violence, it would be travisity to 'waste' him on something so superfluous as D N :lol

It pains me to say, M B is probably best suited: The /problem/ (for me, and probably the majority) it's a irreverent. So even if it gets a script and M B does ok wit it (Bad Boys) chances are no one will care either way because D N means a lot less to people then say TMNT.

Also: Didn't the 're-boot' or DN game released some time back tank because it just didn't 'work' any more due to it's references, humor and style not aging well?

Can't say for sure, but I do recall there being a DN game on a later console that didn't do well because one seemed to care for the subject and or the stuff within was 'dated' and I'd say the film will probably go the same way.

Those who remember / played the original may check it out, those who never heard of it may not 'get it' and so on.. :dunno

The film will be bad enough, on top of not being able to see him :huh

Hack joke, I know. Bite me.

Last edited:
It looks like Cena is trying to muscle his way into the "generic action movies with vague references to pop culture" genre that The Rock had a monopoly in.

Back