Flight of the Navigator reboot - TBD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Clown

King of the Wicker People
Reaction score
'Lucifer' Showrunner Tackling
'Flight of the Navigator' Reboot

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/lucifer-showrunner-tackling-flight-navigator-reboot-1043758

Flight of the Navigator is ready to soar once again.

Joe Henderson, the showrunner of Fox’s supernatural show Lucifer,
has been hired to write a reboot of the 1986 kids sci-fi adventure movie
that is now set up at Lionsgate.

The Jim Henson Company is on board to produce.

The movie told of a 12-year-old boy who is abducted by a UFO and
reappears eight years later at the exact same age and with no
memories of what happened. When NASA officials spot a connection
between the boy and a recovered UFO and try to ensnare him, the kid
attempts to unravel the intergalactic mystery while trying to reunite with
his family.

Last edited:
Re: Flight of the Navigator remake - TBD

For a second I thought it was a reboot of the medieval film from the 80s...

Of all the movies that could be rebooted, and they pick that one? Does it even have a following?

I had thought it was a Flight of the Intruder remake.

I loved this film back in the day, not sure it warrants a remake though, just dont think the popularity is there :dunno
x

I haven't seen the original in a while, but I have nostalgia love for it. Who knows what this will be. I'm slightly interested. The practical effects in the original made it interesting. Sad they probably won't use any for the new one.

Well based on the trailers the Jem movie didn't even try to cater to fans of the actual show (not that it would have been some huge blockbuster if it did...)

There was some controversy about how the studio took advantage of the fans too. This is a lengthy read, but it really puts things into perspective.

https://www.indiewire.com/2015/10/how-the-jem-and-the-holograms-movie-manipulates-its-biggest-fans-56325/

Basically, before any footage or designs from the movie were shown, they asked fans to send videos about why they love the character so much. They included the videos in the movie, and framed them to look like they loved the new movie version.

For a second I thought it was a reboot of the medieval film from the 80s...

I had thought it was a Flight of the Intruder remake.

I for some reason thought the heading said "Neverending Story" reboot when I glanced at it (maybe the big flying dog creature?):rotfl

THEN I thought it was "Flight of the Intruder.":slap

I was a kid in that era and "Flight of the Navigator" barely appeared on the radar - weird to bother with a reboot.

Don't you dare compare Last Starfighter to Pixels. . .

giphy.gif

Back