Statue Alien Queen lifesize 1:1 (Distortions Unlimited)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catzenjaeger

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
YOUR MAJESTY - or - A DREAM BECOMES TRUE

For years I had the desire, one day to own a life-size Queen. Due to the rarity and the absurd prices, I assumed that this would actually remain forever a dream and wish. In so many threads here I have written again and again ... "one day I will have a lifesize queen" ..... this has always been my greatest wish and also personally the Holy Grail for me as an alien collector. .... and finally .... I HAVE A QUEEN! ... Yes, it is true!

Some may still remember ... a few months ago, a Queen in a very poor condition was offered for auction on a Dutch marketplace. It is a very rare Distortions Unlimited Queen of which only a few pieces have ever been produced. The US Company Distortions Unlimited (DU) acquired the Alien license and the forms/molds of the Alien Queen in the 1990s. These were then sold directly through DU in the US and Morris Costumes in the UK.

Well, the queen offered on the marketplace was auctioned off, as I mentioned, and I assumed that I would never be able to buy them and win an auction. So I did not care anymore. After a few months, as part of my research into the history of the lifesize Queens figures, I came across this auction again. Out of interest, I asked the seller if I could receive information on who bought it and where it was sold. The seller then tells me ... "You can have the queen". That was my opportunity! And now the Queen is in my possession. Yippiiiiiiiii.

According to my information, it is the only one DU lifesize queen in Europe. All other known Queens are in Japan and the USA. Unfortunately …. Is this Queen in a very bad general condition and not complete. So I miss the arms and 3 back spikes. However, the most important parts like head, body and legs are present. So here's the question for everyone: Can anyone help with arm procurement?

The whole project is very elaborate and costly ... but I must not forget ... I have here an object that is my personal holy grail and of which very few exist worldwide at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Thx Jacob, Kai (Driver), Ju (CoPilot) / Thx Bob Farmer, Florian Ortner, Tony Wei, Patrick Voss for help & talk around the clock
Thx Ed Edmunds,Janene Johnson,Marsha Taub-Edmunds from Distortions Unlimited - Official
Thanks Sarah & Silke that I was allowed to fulfill this dream - Love you
Thanks Dad - RIP & Love

Queen_02.jpgQueen_12.jpgQueen_11.jpgQueen_10.jpgQueen_09.jpgQueen_08.jpgQueen_07.jpgQueen_06.jpgQueen_05.jpgQueen_04.jpgQueen_03.jpgQueen_14.jpg

Wow. Is that ever amazing! Frankly restoring that would be amazing! That's a fantastic opportunity to have something unique and make it your own due to its present condition.

Congrats on the find!

Unfortunately I live in Canada, which as far as most of the rest of the world is concerned may as well be on the moon. I don't actually think there are any pieces like this here but for your sake will keep my eyes open for you!

Grats again!

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Thank you for your words. Yes it will be a very hard way but it will be worth it. For me as an alien figure collector the holy grail.

Unfortunately, the arms are lost. but these can possibly also be postmodeled. I suspect that one of the previous owners as the only "normal large part" in his collection and the rest has sold because of the size.

Now if someone has a contact or can help, I would be very grateful.

Admins if the pictures with my url are not allowed please contact me then enfterne then the pictures.

Meanwhile, I was able to contact the former manufacturer Distortion Unlimited. I can get arms :) yippiiiii

here a concept of my showroom
Scheune_showroom.jpg

here some other pics

Queen_13.jpg
Queen_15.jpg
Queen_16.jpg
Queen_19.jpg
Queen_21.jpg
Queen_22.jpg
Queen_large_02.jpg

Back