Themistokles 300 sixth scale figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have several sixth scale figures sitting here to review, some of which have been out for awhile now. But I wanted to jump ahead to a guy who's just starting to ship in the next couple weeks - Themistokles! This guy is from the sequel to 300, and is the second figure Star Ace has produced in the overall license. You can find my review here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW-012218a.htm

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael

review_themis_12.jpg

What a let down of a figure Star Ace.
They really should've included two heads with different expressions, the one they gave him only works in very aggressive action poses.
Also, the eyes look like they were sculpted right with a fair bit of aggression, but the paint really lets them down. He should have the lower part of his eye covered by the lower eyelid showing more of the upper portion of his irises. This is a headsculpt that would be greatly improved by a eye repaint:
Sullivan Stapleton Themistocles Star Ace Sculpt Comparison 001.jpg
And the lack of articulation in the ankles just ruins getting him into aggressive action poses. I really like Stapleton and his portrayal of Themistocles was acceptable, my bigger issue was with the script, so I would've definitely picked this up. But because of all these issues, I'll skip picking up this release.

Michael, do you know if you're going to be reviewing Star Ace's 1:8 Potter figures?

Also, you've got missing links on you're "Where to Buy?" section of the review.

No missing links - you have javascript turned of in your browser.

I don't think I'll be reviewing the 1/8th stuff unless it gets sent to me. I've skipped buying it for now.

Back