Chronicle Collectibles - John Carpenter's The Thing 1/9 Scale Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoBE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Chronicle announced The Thing license for 1/9 scale figures (statues) during their facebook live two Fridays ago. Was I the only one that heard this?

Strange choice of scale - wonder why they want to go that route? To keep prices down perhaps?

I THINK the regular NECA action-figure stuff is 1/10 (7") so they'd be tiny bit bigger than those I guess . . . (1/9 = 8").

Big fan of the franchise so I'm interested in seeing how these turn out (which characters/poses).

They are doing various movie and tv show lines in this scale. I thing they plan on making many characters so they can be displayed all together. Don't think they would make more than 1 or 2 if they were 1/4 from these lines.

They are doing various movie and tv show lines in this scale. I thing they plan on making many characters so they can be displayed all together. Don't think they would make more than 1 or 2 if they were 1/4 from these lines.

what else are they doing in this scale?

LOL ok. Well Im getting the full vikings line. Nothing else available from Vikings but sure I guess it's lame.

lol sorry man don't mean to be a downer. I just think there are cooler licences they could have made in this scale. Enjoy though, hope they turn out well for you.

Chronicle Collectibles just announced they do not wan't peoples money by instead doing 1/9 scale statues.

Chronicle Collectibles just announced they do not wan't peoples money.
That's unrealistic. They wouldn't announce that officially.
They didn't even care to officially say that they won't be making 1/6 figures.

lol sorry man don't mean to be a downer. I just think there are cooler licences they could have made in this scale. Enjoy though, hope they turn out well for you.

I believe this is just the begging of the 1/9 scale lines. They said more will be coming just no details as to what yet. My point is so many licenses have been done to death so at least they are doing something untapped.

I believe this is just the begging of the 1/9 scale lines. They said more will be coming just no details as to what yet. My point is so many licenses have been done to death so at least they are doing something untapped.

Fair enough man. Good news that they'll be doing more :)

Pretty much. :lol

So I guess iron studios going all 1:10 is genius, but 1:9 is somehow a fail? Sounds like your reasoning...

They can sell more at lower prices with this scale, not many people can or would drop $500+ a piece on a license like this. If the market is there maybe they would do some 1:4 or 1:1 pieces, but I doubt it. I love the movie, but wouldn't want much from it.

So I guess iron studios going all 1:10 is genius, but 1:9 is somehow a fail? Sounds like your reasoning...

They can sell more at lower prices with this scale, not many people can or would drop $500+ a piece on a license like this. If the market is there maybe they would do some 1:4 or 1:1 pieces, but I doubt it. I love the movie, but wouldn't want much from it.

Reasoning for what? 1:9 is a really weird scale, besides I didn't know iron studios were making the thing statues as well. It's not like 1:10 is going to be any better.

Back