The best way to clean 1/6 figures with fabric?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svnmelter

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all,

What's the best way to clean 1/6 figures, specifically ones that feature a heavy amount of fabric? Some examples: Hot Toys Darth Vader, DX Luke, Netflix Daredevil etc.

I keep my figures displayed in a detolf that is weather stripped, though I need to get thicker weather stripping for the left side, so a noticeable amount of dust still makes its way into my case sadly.

I used a lint roller on Hot Toys Darth Vader's cape which resulted in some pilling even though I wasn't being rough with it. This has caused me to question weather or not I should even use a lint roller on my figures.

I'm thinking of just using a blow dryer on COOL setting, using a soft brush on sculpts, and handling figures with microfiber gloves exclusively.

This leaves me with another question... how often should I be cleaning my figures?

I use lint rollers on all mine and never had any issues. Removes the dust quickly and easily.

If you have a portable air compressor, like for an airbrush, you could blow the dust off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I've tried compressed air and it still leaves some on my figures. Specifically my Iron Man figures. Any other suggestions?

Resurrection time… I’ve come to an understanding to never use cotton gloves when handling figures with fabric. Why? The tiny strands of cotton from the gloves attach to the fabric surface, which is a pain to remove :/ any tips on how to remove lint from fabric on figures? Read here that a lint roller might make stuff worse…

Back