The Dark Knight 10th Aniversary Theatrical Rerelease

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://movieweb.com/dark-knight-movie-10th-anniversary-theatrical-rerelease/

Theater chain Showcase Cinemas will screen The Dark Knight on February 8th and 11th in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.

It's also likely that other theater chains will be doing 10th anniversary screenings as we get closer to the actual anniversary date, July 18.

IoKs6Od.jpg

I wish they’d rerelease it in 70 MM IMAX. I got to see it in what I thought was IMAX, but it turned out to be one of the digital “LIEMAX,” I believe is how they’re referred to by many, it seems, and it’s always been one of those things I really wanted to check off my bucket list.

I saw this in true IMAX and it was amazing. This is in my top 5 of all time best movies. If this was coming back in IMAX, I would make more of an effort to see it in theaters again.

Can't believe it has been 10 years. I remember coming back from seeing it in the theater, going for a run, and being unable to get it out of my mind. It was a captivating experience at the time.

I missed TDK in IMAX first time around :gah:
- I would love to see TDK or indeed all 3 in IMAX @ BFI in London

With The Last Jedi, I wanted to do it big and sought out Chicago's 1-of-2 true IMAX theaters at Navy Pier. I can honestly say I was disgusted by how much I paid to see a movie on a bigger screen - $49.28 for two tickets, $17.15 for medium popcorn and drink, $15.00 for parking ($81.43 total). Does the IMAX "experience" really enhance the movie? To me, IMAX doesn't seem worth it. :huh

Has there ever been an in-depth “making of” for this movie?

I would love to see a 2 hour documentary. I would pay for that alone.

I remember getting early screen passes to see this in IMAX from the 42E viral that WB sponsored.

It's the first movie I ever saw in IMAX.

Game changer to say the least. I don't think I've ever been that impressed visually with a movie for the first time. The whole opening sequence (bank robbery) in IMAX is breathtaking.

Best movie of the 21st Century imo. So far
It's gotta be in my top 10!

With The Last Jedi, I wanted to do it big and sought out Chicago's 1-of-2 true IMAX theaters at Navy Pier. I can honestly say I was disgusted by how much I paid to see a movie on a bigger screen - $49.28 for two tickets, $17.15 for medium popcorn and drink, $15.00 for parking ($81.43 total). Does the IMAX "experience" really enhance the movie? To me, IMAX doesn't seem worth it. :huh
Not worth it. Your brain adjusts, and you don't even notice the size after awhile.

Back