Aoshima Skynet 1/1 Scale Alien Facehugger (Halcyon)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burtial

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know about these? It was a limited run of 350 back in 2004 in Japan. Looks similar to the Halcyon kits as far as assembly, but the sculpt is different and these are pre-painted. I scored a good deal on this guy, but I cant find any info on it on the web.

IMG_1288.jpg
IMG_1289.jpg
IMG_1296.jpg
IMG_1291.jpg
IMG_1292.jpg
IMG_1293.jpg
IMG_1294.jpg
IMG_1295.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Aoshima Skynet 1/1 Scale Alien Facehugger

I've never heard of this release, it's a queen laying face hugger from Alien 3 due to the finger nails.

I have exact the same one,and I think it's the same sculpt as halcyon.
The price of these are usually very low on yahoo Japan, normally just 3,4000yen.
This is not the queen face hugger, it's the one made the dog.

I have exact the same one,and I think it's the same sculpt as halcyon.
The price of these are usually very low on yahoo Japan, normally just 3,4000yen.
This is not the queen face hugger, it's the one made the dog.

How do you like it? Did you fill up the body and tail with material to keep it form collapsing?

How do you like it? Did you fill up the body and tail with material to keep it form collapsing?

I quite like it for its price.
I didn't fill anything inside, since my 2 year old like tossing it around.

DSC05523_A.jpg
DSC05529_A.jpg
DSC05567_A.jpg
DSC05565_A.jpg

Awesome! I may take the time to fill it up, and maybe add a wire or two to be able to pose it.

I've never heard of this release, it's a queen laying face hugger from Alien 3 due to the finger nails.

No it is not. The queen laying one looks vastly different - much bigger, longer thinner fingers and has webbing between the fingers.

So, this looks to be from the same mold as the Halcyon Alien 3 Facehugger, if you look at the nails and knuckles, it's the same mold-

1-24-2018 8-04-08 AM.jpg

But, was there a Facehugger in Alien 3 like this? Because apparently Hayclon used the original Alien 3 Facehugger for their mold. But I though it was just the webbed Queen one? I need to revisit that movie....

Last edited:

So, this looks to be from the same mold as the Halcyon Alien 3 Facehugger, if you look at the nails and knuckles, it's the same mold-

View attachment 389104

But, was there a Facehugger in Alien 3 like this? Because apparently Hayclon used the original Alien 3 Facehugger for their mold. But I though it was just the webbed Queen one? I need to revisit that movie....

This is rumour control here are the facts...
Yes this is the alien queen hugger I was referring to. Though the original theatrical cut is vague about which facehugger impregnated Ripley as there are 2 shown on screen at different times, that is the inherent design that appeared in that film and only implied there was a queen embryo carrying hugger. The Halcyon release confirms this.
The assembly cut included the larger webbed leg version with different front legs. Interestingly it shows up on the cart with the dead cow that births the Runner Alien. Also since Ripley was impregnated on the Sulaco and ejected on the escape pod after the facehugger had detached and the webbed version wasn't shown on her cryo tube it's fair to say there's some continuity and logic issues there.
Whether the assembly cut is cannon or not or can even be taken as accurate given the on screen queen hugger birthed the Runner as Ripley was already impregnated is up for debate.
Personally I think there's still a better cut of the film that could be made from both versions.

I had this kit (probably still have it in storage somewhere), and it came with a queen embryo in the box if I recall correctly. One of these days I'll have to take a look at my stuff in storage and see if I can find it.

I had this kit (probably still have it in storage somewhere), and it came with a queen embryo in the box if I recall correctly. One of these days I'll have to take a look at my stuff in storage and see if I can find it.

Actually, taking a closer look at the pic of the box that was posted, it does say that it came with a queen alien foetus.

*** Argh, sorry about the double post ***

Back