Pumpkinhead - 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chakor

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't realize it until I saw a post from Stan Winston School of Character Arts but today marks the 30th anniversary of Stan Winston's directorial debut. It may not be a great flick objectively but I've always loved it.

rqPS0hE.jpg

It's a great B movie and pretty much the best role of Lance Henriksen in terms of acting.
I love the idea behind the monster and Italian horror visuals.

Saw this film a whopping one time way back in the late 80's (and it would have been Pan & Scan VHS.) I think it's about time I gave it another look.

This movie is absolutely worth the revisit. I loved it when I saw it as a kid and I love it even more now. I adore how it has this super dark fairytale-like quality to it.

Supposed to be doing a "reboot" film in the future, but I don't think anything came of it. I think shooting was supposed to start in 2017, and it's now 2018 with no updates so...:dunno

I really loved this movie. I considered it as much of a Halloween movie as the rest of them. I'll have to watch this again.

Supposed to be doing a "reboot" film in the future, but I don't think anything came of it. I think shooting was supposed to start in 2017, and it's now 2018 with no updates so...:dunno

I don't think the guys behind the remake even know what they're doing with it now. I won't be the least bit sad if it's cancelled.

Really unfortunate that the original didn't get a full theatrical release, and also not during Halloween as originally planned. The press release for the remake sounded promising (practical effects, focus on mystery and atmosphere). Original still great though and the recently released Shout/Scream Factory bluray is great.

Thanks Chakor! The original paint wasn't the greatest, but the sculpt is off the hook. The bluray even has a short feature on the figure, with Jean St. Jean the sculptor interviewed.

Really unfortunate that the original didn't get a full theatrical release, and also not during Halloween as originally planned.

I would have been very curious to see what the general reception to this movie would have been had it actually been released in October 1987 as originally planned. I have a feeling part of why this one sits as a "B" movie is because it was never really brought to the public eye until it was too late.

Thanks Chakor! The original paint wasn't the greatest, but the sculpt is off the hook. The bluray even has a short feature on the figure, with Jean St. Jean the sculptor interviewed.

I have the 2008 MGM DVD release which has the same documentary about the figure... I never picked up the Blu-ray because I never owned a Blu-ray player until just recently, but it's one of my resolutions for Halloween this year.

Back