Have you seen my statues ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharpedge

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello all,

I don't know if it is relevant or even useful, but it worths trying !!

3 weeks ago, I received a large shipment of Sideshow statues and busts, and unfortunately, 8 of them have been stolen. :monkey2
They've been travelling from China to France and I have no idea where it happened. Only the statues were stolen, the thief(ves) left the boxes and it allowed me to write their edition number here, in case they try to sell them:

7144 - 1/4 Scale Frodo Baggins : #917
7148 - 1/4 Scale Luke & Yoda - Dagobah Training : #911
9004 Captain America vs Red Skull Diorama : 2 pieces #494 & #591
7138 The Incredible Hulk Premium Format Figure : 2 pieces #943 & #947
2938 Doctor Doom Legendary Scale Bust : #386
29141 Spider-Man Life-Size Bust : #92

If by any chance you see one of them on eBay or others, do what you think is best :emperor

Olivier

it sux man...if your in australia it might be a guy name Melvin...

That really sucks!!!! I will keep a look out for these items on eBay. Hope you catch the *****ers!!!!

sharpedge said:
If by any chance you see one of them on eBay or others, do what you think is best :emperor
Buy them and sell them back to you? :monkey3

im kidding

So these were stolen while being shipped from China to France? Does the company cover the loss?

PS Nash be careful Karma is *****, and I think someone is shipping a lot fo stuff to HI soon.:lol

Hopfully you will catch the scumbags who stole them. That truly sucks and it is sad how are always stealing something.:monkey2 :monkey2

that's pretty f'd up if its true.its kinda of weird to go through all the trouble of leaving the boxes behind.

damn!!! what a bummer!!

obviously taken by opportunists who know nothing about collecting or they'd have realised that the boxes have value as well.

Hope you get your losses covered.

ummm.... so how don't you figure that the seller maybe never put the statues in the boxes in the first place? I would get on the seller's case on this. Also doesn't make much sense to just take the statues and not the whole box....

First, thanks a lot for your support, I don't know what is worse: the loss of the statues or the money :monkey2

I'll answer each post separatly ...

Olivier

mfoga said:
So these were stolen while being shipped from China to France?
Yes, exactly
mfoga said:
Does the company cover the loss?
The problem is that the empty boxes have been carefully re-closed with tape and put at the bottom of the pallet. I just checked the number of boxes with the carrier and once he left I realized the theft. In theory, I should mention any problem (loss, damage, theft) on the delivery form and I didn't, so it is up to the good will of the carrier to refund me or not, and I guess they usually don't have such a good will ...

carbo-fation said:
That really sucks dude! How did that even happen? Weren't they insured or something? :confused:
The guy(s) took the time to open the cartons and then the boxes, remove the statues, close the boxes and the cartons with invisible tape so it wouldn't be visible unless you weight or open the boxes. Then he built the pallet again with the empty boxes in the bottom. I started to panic when the Hulk PF that supposed to weight 25kgs finally weight nothing !!
And as I said in the previous post, insurance will probably won't work :monkey2

Back