INTEREST: True Symmetrical OT Stormtrooper Helmets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveMinusZero

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Making a thread here to gauge interest in a new possible OT Stormtrooper helmet in 1/6 scale.
Originally done in 1/4 scale to replace the helmets on Sideshow's Premium format 1/4 scale statues, an artist named Dan "DynamicMenace" has also now released images of a full scale 1:1 version of his helmet. I came across his posts on FB and asked him about 1/6 scale. He doesn't collect or know much about 1/6 scale so said I could make an interest thread for him over here.

His trooper helmets are in the vein of Rogue One, where the helmets has been "updated" or "modernized" with new details and made to be symmetrical. Unlike Rogue One though, DynamicMenace has tried very hard to keep the look and spirit of the OT helmets.

A quote from his RPF thread about the project:

"I know this may not appeal to the purists out there..lol but this is my true symmetrical trooper helmet(s). or TK-TS (stunt) and TD-TS (sandy) for short. was a collaboration of artists, Patrick van Rooijen, George Evangelista and Gaurav Kumar to get this helmet exactly where i wanted it to be. as you can see they all did an outstanding job and accomplished what i wanted to do. also want to thank my friend Carsten for input. he was a big help in achieving this as well to give this helmet that look and "feel" of the original ST helmets. we went to extreme lengths and processes of combining both sides of an original ST helmet to the point where it is was symmetrical. and matching every detail and aspects of the helmet to create a stylized, true accurate symmetrical ST helmet.
you might be wondering how we did this. well, what we did was, instead of doing a mirrored symmetrical helmet, we did a true symmetrical helmet where we took images of a film used helmet and ran them through a program where it combined both sides to make a true film accurate symmetrical image of the helmet. and then the artist mimicked what they saw in the images for the digital sculpt. the end result is what you see here. there are still a couple of tweaks that need to be made. but for the most part is is done. and i plan on adding the functional details they gave to the decals of the R1 helmets. but keeping them true to form of the OT. ill post final images once that is done. hope you guys like it "

15369841_10210716133808964_927493264_o.jpg

Links to his original 1/4 scale and 1/1 scale projects over at RPF (Replica Prop Forum)

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=264655

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=285769&p=4384487#post4384487

26232305_1764075587221969_1102935728126294796_o.jpg

26685698_1764075557221972_3785123582743095786_o.jpg

Would there be interest here from people? Enough for him to dive into 1/6 scale?

Back