1/6 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS470 - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dw316

Super Freak
Reaction score
26172335_10155160272112344_6703193571918406442_o.jpg

Re: 1/6: Hot Toys - MMS4?? - Black Panther - New Black Panther Figure

They mention “figures” in their post. Awesome.

It mentions all star line-up. Getting a HT Killmonger!

They mention “figures” in their post. Awesome.

They'll tease Killmonger, and then not release it like practically every other ying to yang villain... :lol

I still wonder if they'll try to give it the purple glowing effects shown in the trailer... I kinda doubt it.

The purple is everything, imho. Regardless of whatever justification the movie offers for it, at the very least, it's a nice visual proxy for the channeling of T'challa's ancestral abilities from the Necropolis.

The purple is everything, imho. Regardless of whatever justification the movie offers for it, at the very least, it's a nice visual proxy for the channeling of T'challa's ancestral abilities from the Necropolis.

No doubt. I can't say I won't be bummed it HT doesn't implement it at all, because I certainly will be. Originally I said I'd get this figure anyway, but if they get lazy with it and just release it as is with no Boseman sculpt either, I'm likely going to pass. I'm hoping to be surprised, but with the increasing amount of shortcuts they've been taking I still doubt it's going to be anything special. I hope I'm wrong.

I still wonder if they'll try to give it the purple glowing effects shown in the trailer... I kinda doubt it.

That would be awesome, but I honestly won't be upset if it doesn't because I have no idea how they can make it work. My guess is much of the effect even in the film is CG. But hey, more power to them if they come up with a way. As for me, I just want a classic representation of the character with an unmasked option and more Black Panther themed accessories. I passed on the Civil War version betting on a more improved and robust version with his solo movie; so I can't wait to see what they put out. Glad to see the figure being teased.

That would be awesome, but I honestly won't be upset if it doesn't because I have no idea how they can make it work. My guess is much of the effect even in the film is CG. But hey, more power to them if they come up with a way. As for me, I just want a classic representation of the character with an unmasked option and more Black Panther themed accessories. I passed on the Civil War version betting on a more improved and robust version with his solo movie; so I can't wait to see what they put out. Glad to see the figure being teased.

Yeah... Maybe I am expecting too much of them for a feature like that. But I do really hope they can make it happen, because I think it's amazing.

As long as it has a Boseman sculpt, i'm likely going to get it.

Purple. Maybe they will make the body under the clothes purple to have that purple effect. Like superman has that silver body to show through his blue suit.
Never had a Black Panther, this might be the one.

Neat as it would be to see others, I predict the plural figureS just means the updated Panther suit, plus Killmonger’s gold recolor of the Civil War one. The all-star line-up wording is referring to IW, not Panther, so it would be surprising if they went much deeper than 1 or 2.

Neat as it would be to see others, I predict the plural figureS just means the updated Panther suit, plus Killmonger’s gold recolor of the Civil War one. The all-star line-up wording is referring to IW, not Panther, so it would be surprising if they went much deeper than 1 or 2.

Yeah, I read it as: "Get ready to see prototypes for figures that will never make it to production but we'll give you at least 1, maybe 2!" :lol

Pretty sure it has more to do with the upgraded vibranium tech suit from shuri, than them just giving tchalla supernatural abilities.

I am not really a fan of the look for the new suit… especially the helmet.
Think I will be sticking with the Civil War Black Panther.

I am not really a fan of the look for the new suit… especially the helmet.
Think I will be sticking with the Civil War Black Panther.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait and see. I'd rather watch the movie first - like one thing, IMO the original BP - like other HTs w. tight clothes - IMO needed some kind of joint smoothing. A slim under-suit or whatever.

But IMO with added OSK sculpt CW Panther is pretty awesome. I like the CW look and he's held up great - no rips or degrading material so far.

The new suit is even closer to the body. No armoring to break it up. I'm wary that HT will get cheap about it w. really thin fabric. And for me, no Dora Milaje to go with would be a problem. Even if they include a sculpt - they "made me" buy one already $$$$$ (which is a pretty stellar sculpt). And I'd like to see some more clawed hands this time.

Yeah, I'm gonna wait and see. I'd rather watch the movie first - like one thing, IMO the original BP - like other HTs w. tight clothes - IMO needed some kind of joint smoothing. A slim under-suit or whatever.

But IMO with added OSK sculpt CW Panther is pretty awesome. I like the CW look and he's held up great - no rips or degrading material so far.

The new suit is even closer to the body. No armoring to break it up. I'm wary that HT will get cheap about it w. really thin fabric. And for me, no Dora Milaje to go with would be a problem. Even if they include a sculpt - they "made me" buy one already $$$$$ (which is a pretty stellar sculpt). And I'd like to see some more clawed hands this time.

Actually… and I am dense for not even thinking about this… I will probably need the Chad Boseman sculpt that
very likely comes with this guy for my Civil War display. DAMN IT!!! lol

Maybe they can make the base with purple led shooting straight up at the figure, if the leds are strong enough BP will get a purple underglow from the base lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe they can make the base with purple led shooting straight up at the figure, if the leds are strong enough BP will get a purple underglow from the base lights.

That would be cool. I don't typically turn on the light-up features on figures, but it's good to know they are there. The contractor building my display room and shelves is a master electrician. Eventually we're plan to wire everything in to a central lighting system., but that's at least a year away.

The Civil War BP figure was nice but there was definitely room for improvement. I'm interested in energy suit Black Panther and Golden Leopard Killmonger. Hope they come with unmasked portraits as well.

I hope they'll eventually do Killmonger, and with a Michael B. Jordan headsculpt.

I hope they'll eventually do Killmonger, and with a Michael B. Jordan headsculpt.

I'd like both versions of Erik honestly... His regular outfit with the head-dress and MBJ sculpt, and golden panther suit. I doubt they'll make both, but I'd get both.

Back