Anyone else receive a damaged Iron Man LS bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polystoner

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looking at the SF board, seems like a few many of us received damaged IM LS busts. Mine seemed like the old factory defect that they tried to repair and repaint at the factory. So I sent in for a replacement, but at only 100 Exclusives, I'm not sure I'll get one. :monkey2

But anyway, is this a bigger problem than I thought? I thought I was "lucky" and got a crappy one, but it seems like there are more damaged ones being sent out than I thought. Anyone else?

Mine was A-OK!!

S5000541.jpg

Nice set up, IllJedi. Looks really nice. Too bad Sideshow didn't sell one version of the Comiquette pounding left and the exclusive pounding right. Man, people would definately want both.

Polystoner said:
Nice set up, IllJedi. Looks really nice. Too bad Sideshow didn't sell one version of the Comiquette pounding left and the exclusive pounding right. Man, people would definately want both.
Thanks! A mirrored Iron Man would've been pretty cool, I know Ed (Customizerwannabe) would've bought both for sure! :D

Polystoner said:
Looking at the SF board, seems like a few many of us received damaged IM LS busts. Mine seemed like the old factory defect that they tried to repair and repaint at the factory. So I sent in for a replacement, but at only 100 Exclusives, I'm not sure I'll get one. :monkey2

But anyway, is this a bigger problem than I thought? I thought I was "lucky" and got a crappy one, but it seems like there are more damaged ones being sent out than I thought. Anyone else?

I think the ES for the Exclusive is 400. I did notice on mine the factory paint in a few areas was not perfect. I didn't notice physical damage though. Where was yours damaged?

kodiak8658 said:
I think the ES for the Exclusive is 400. I did notice on mine the factory paint in a few areas was not perfect. I didn't notice physical damage though. Where was yours damaged?

Yeah, it was a dent on the edge of the shoulder. Then it was painted over. So clearly a factory issue, rather than damage in the mail. In addition the brown paint from his beard was also present on his chin in a non-beard area, and there was a brown smudge on the base.

How does the mask fit on yours? Mine has to be kind of forced on, is that normal? Also, did that plastic protector scratch your bust?

El Roranous said:
How does the mask fit on yours? Mine has to be kind of forced on, is that normal? Also, did that plastic protector scratch your bust?

You know, once I saw the damage I didn't even bother putting the mask on. The plastic did not scratch the finish on the bust. Actually I was surprised to read that on SF.

Polystoner said:
Yeah, it was a dent on the edge of the shoulder. Then it was painted over. So clearly a factory issue, rather than damage in the mail. In addition the brown paint from his beard was also present on his chin in a non-beard area, and there was a brown smudge on the base.

Nice QC, sideshow...:emperor

Polystoner said:

Didn't have any problems like what you're describing. Maybe yours was made on the eve of the Chinese New Year. :fest :fireworks

You should be able to get a replacement, or SS should make up for it.

El Roranous said:

There seems to be a certain way to put it on. I slid the top of the mask in place first, and then the bottom seemed to go in place automatically with the magnet pulling it towards the face.

Good to know that the next damge loving items comes direct from sideshow (ok, china-cali-gb-me) so i can get a refund if it arrives damaged.

Surely you'll get a replacement, if the name plaque is ok then they'll have quite a few excs and regulars unnumbered which they can give you

On mine, the bust and nameplate are perfect, but the mask is a mess. The top corners are both pretty banged up (dented, scratched, scuffed, and one part badly repainted), and there is a chip on the inside area. I'm hoping I can just get a replacement for that piece, rather than having to return the whole thing.

My bad luck with Sideshow QC continues... :monkey2

Back