X-Base Wireless LED | This Could Be A Game Changer!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Although I my opinion, this technology isn't really new. I have a toys with RFID function and they light up whenever they are near the device.

But this quite interesting, they managed to fit the tech into just LED itself.

It will work superbly with Lightsabers, dioramas, machine gun or pistol firing action, light up Halo helmets and more.

What do you think, I mean toy companies may use this for their upcoming products which features LED lights.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1294229783/x-base-wireless-led-lighting-and-display-system

e14d3be945b8a29894b4515359b2969a.jpg

b37268fcf18029294811b556c22326d4.jpg

8b0b65f81a84937450406e29239c0a3f_original.jpg

What sorcery is this?

Looks really cool, it would be great if such a device would be implemented on toys in the future.

Yes, this type of power induction has been around for a while. the technology seems similar to wireless charging.

To me, the only drawback is that you are limited to an 11" base (or 22" base if you get two lined up). I wonder if you placed a diorama over the base if it would still work, or really, I am asking how much material can you put over the base before it stops working?

Yes, this type of power induction has been around for a while. the technology seems similar to wireless charging.

To me, the only drawback is that you are limited to an 11" base (or 22" base if you get two lined up). I wonder if you placed a diorama over the base if it would still work, or really, I am asking how much material can you put over the base before it stops working?

Well, it’s just 11”...no 22” as it the instructions say you can’t put two side by side closer than 11” apart...so there’s that limitation. You also can’t use metal in the field, or it’s not recommended, as it could disrupt the magnetic field.

I still don't get why no one in the US has marketed a "Soap Reactor" style product for remote battery replacement.

Seems like a no-brainer, and would probably come in a hell of a lot cheaper than the current Soap Studios product.

this looks awesome. If you have the Disney Infinity figures with light up lightsabers, it's pretty much the same tech. Glad to see it on a larger scale.

Back