NECA Re-Animator Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burtial

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Finally since the announcement this passed summer, this was just teased......Coming in Spring 2018

IMG_1164.JPG

Last edited:
Can’t believe all the remake It replies yet no love for this great film. Amazing how ****** ppls taste in movies has become

Just got the Herbert West retro figure in today. Unfortunately, it's not without flaws. The necktie is a bit of a mess and the right side appears to be frayed away from the center knot. It looks terrible, especially if I wanted to keep it MOC. The face also has some ugly brown marks on his chin and nose and there are deep scratches on his right cheek (mold defects, I presume) that are visible under the factory paint. Not happy with the QC, so I'm going to attempt to exchange mine. If the next one has similar issues, I'll send it back for a refund and try to find one in person.

250nimq.jpg

mr7ngg.jpg

I have the same issue with mine: not a great West likeness, and the clothing is wonky. I'm keeping it, but now wish they had gone with a sculpted outfit -- or at least everything but the lab coat.

Luckily, the Dr. Hill severed head looks great!

Yeah, the Jeffrey Combs likeness is definitely a step down from the prototype photos. I'm not really a fan of these Mego-style releases. I've been waiting years for a Herbert West figure, but this one would have been an easy pass if it wasn't for those excellent accessories it comes with.

I don't care for most of these mego style figures. They remind of the old ones... Approximations but nothing to write home about. Same with this one.

The head sculpts for their retro figures are usually excellent, but the paint apps ruin them. It's too bad because the paint apps for their standard articulated figures have improved so much over the years.

Well, I got the replacement Herbert West figure in today. Much better luck this time. The tie is on point and there are no weird brown marks on the face. This one has a lower painted hairline that more closely resembles the prototype photos. The clear plastic on the glasses is also less cloudy looking.

There are still minor flaws, but nothing I can't overlook. The main one is flaking paint on the wrist joints (pieces were falling off in the package). As for Dr. Hill's severed head, there is some paint slop along the hairline and one pupil is noticeably larger than the other -- but at least both eyes are looking in the same direction.

155l89h.jpg

Back