Those who disliked TLJ, are you still buying toys from it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't hate The Last Jedi, but I didn't love it either. I had too many problems with the film to thoroughly enjoy it, but I'm not going to entirely trash the film either. So I'm not sure if if I really qualify to answer this question, but I won't be buying anything from this film. Maybe Poe because I like pilots, and maybe some parted out porgs if I can find some, but otherwise there was nothing I'd care to have from this movie.

I didn't particularly like the film overall (liked it better on my second viewing today though), but don't loathe it because I think there were good things about it also. I geninely liked Luke's character in it, so I'm getting Luke. I mean, it's Luke.

Liked Rey as well, so I'm getting her Jedi (not training) outfit, and that's all I'll get from her being I already have TFA RO Rey. I liked Kylo also for the most part, but already have TFA Kylo and like that look better, so I'll pass on TLJ Kylo. Most I'd do is just get a TLJ sculpt for my TFA figure, even if the scar is inaccurate. The scar I think gives him more character and depth.

Unless the Leia sculpt is improved, that's a pass as well.

Any other character is an easy pass for me as I had no interest in them in this film.

So likely just Luke and Jedi Rey for me.

I might get Poe since he was in his flight suit in TFA but other than that I just don't need any reminders of TLJ on the shelf.

I have a couple TFA troops that I feel I should probably sell now, as the new trilogy is a trainwreck imo. I did like the new troopers designs, but now everything from the ST just leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

I'll buy Poe or any other pilot from this or any other Star Wars. I don't have to like or agree with a Star Wars flick to enjoy aspects of it. Yes, there was a lot that was hard to swallow in this, but I will still buy what I like from any movie, regardless of my overall feeling for that movie.

Its OT for me all the way. However, I find it interesting to have a display of a young Luke, Han, Leia with their much older version from this new trilogy.
Already got ANH Luke, Han and Leia. Just got TFA Han yesterday. Will get Leia if HT make one in General Organa garb like this one :
hanleiaforceawakens-831718.jpg

Now coming back to your question. Yes I will get Luke from TLJ IF Hot Toys make the version where he faced off with Kylo Ren. Otherwise nothing really fancy.

Nope. I regret finally getting TFA Kylo after seeing TLJ. I had planned to buy a Snoke if they made one in order to have the big bad from all the films but forget that.

...will never ever buy single figures from Disney abominations after TLJ. Im glad i did not grab Kylo Ren TFA last time.

only interested in OT-PT-Clone Wars-Rouge One :)

Interesting. I always found it fascinating when people bought things from movies they don’t care for. Talk about blowing money. Personally, I liked a lot of things from the movie, so I’ll definitely get a Kylo and possibly Rey.

I bought some Hasbro 3.75" toys before the movie came out, but after seeing TLJ I've decided to go back to OT & PT stuff only.

The new designs make for boring figures IMO.

Last edited:
I finally got around to seeing the movie tonight...not a huge fan of it. But I will pick up a few of the figures from it anyway. More for the love of the characters, not the movie.

Back