Action Figure What's the interest for a Jungle Hunter (original Predator) 2.0 in 1/4 or 1/6?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
CF Supporter
Reaction score
predator.jpg

Been thinking about this for a long time now. I would be very, very surprised if Hot Toys didn't release an updated Jungle Hunter/P1 at some point in the next few years. With Wolf out of the way, it has to be among the next. 1/6 seems the most likely, but it would almost certainly be a hot seller in 1/4 as well. It'd be a centerpiece for many and the presentation will only benefit from a greater size. Even at $500-$600, we're looking at a lower price than a maquette, better paint apps, and more accessories.

What do you folks think? Is it inevitable? What scale would you prefer? Would you buy it regardless of the scale? What are the chances casual fans would get it as well as hardcore fans? I've seen so many people post on threads for lesser-known Predators and Aliens that they'd prefer waiting for reissues of the big, bad originals.

Even if we only get one Predator per year, it's bound to happen at some point, right?

What about Dutch? 1/6 or 1/4? Thoughts?

A Hot Toys Jungle Hunter 2.0 would be as instant a purchase as the most instantaneous purchase of the history of mankind.

TL;DR: Yes.

I'd love another jungle hunter, but only if it has good articulation. The current predators look great but you can't do much with them.

What's the interest for a Jungle Hunter (original Predator) 2.0 in 1/4 or 1/6?
1/4: 0% interest, as it's a very stupid scale.
1/6: 100% interest, but they never made 1/6 predators before, why would they start?
1/7: still 100% interest, as it will match other 1/7 predators they made.

They owe us one from December 2011, as well as a 1/4 Dutch. I expect they'll make both in 1/6 to coincide with Predator 4 next year.

1/4: 0% interest, as it's a very stupid scale.
1/6: 100% interest, but they never made 1/6 predators before, why would they start?
1/7: still 100% interest, as it will match other 1/7 predators they made.

I don't have any HT Predators as I'm relatively new, but the Jungle/P1 is the only one I'd be truly interested in. I didn't really follow the movies much after 2. In reference to the quote above, all of the Predators so far are in the 1/7 scale?

P is referring to how none of the Predators released in 1/6 scale are true 1/6 scale.

I don't have any HT Predators as I'm relatively new, but the Jungle/P1 is the only one I'd be truly interested in. I didn't really follow the movies much after 2. In reference to the quote above, all of the Predators so far are in the 1/7 scale?
dukefett above answered your question.
yep, my reply was only about HT predators being midgets when compared to their humans or aliens.

the "classic predator" from predators is a joke as a substitute for the jungle hunter. please give us the real deal, hot toys. in scale, and poseable. is that too much to ask from the "messiah" brand of 1/6 movie figures? ...probably. oh well. we all have to have a grail to chase, no?

1/6 JH 2.0 for me. Even though I recently picked up a JH because I got tired of waiting, I'll ship it out in a heartbeat if they announce a JH 2.0 and the difference between it and the original is as vast as the difference between the original Wolf and Wolf 2.0. Can't fathom why they haven't done an official JH 2.0 but have done a 2.0 of almost literally every other relevant Pred.

The body and the bio mask are my main gripes with the current one. Sculpt and the dulled armor are its strong points.

Back