What to do with dishonest eBay Hot Toys seller?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmoney5000

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys -- so wasn't sure where else to turn to but I have a bit of a situation right now. So a seller I purchased from accidentally sent my order to the wrong address, however he's claiming that it wasn't his fault and that he printed the correct address.

I went to the USPS and they printed out their internal tracking info which shows that the address is in fact incorrect. Despite the fact that I supplied him with a copy indicating the wrong address he is still adamantly claiming he did in fact ship to the correct address and is blaming the USPS.

This is my first time dealing with an eBay seller who is refusing to take responsibility for their error. What is my best course of action? I've already initiated the eBay "Did Not Receive My Item" ticket, but with a seller this stubborn I'm curious if there's anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance!

Just refund it. A big chance as well it's a scam.

Well I guess that's my last resort, but I really want the figure since I got it at such a bargain price. Also this dude isn't a scammer, he just made a legit honest mistake (but won't fess up or take responsibility for it!).

Take a picture of the printed USPS tracking info, or a screengrab of the info off their website. Use that as proof of incorrect labelling when you open a claim with Ebay. I try not to order stuff in the run up to Xmas, as the increased volume of parcels, means stuff is almost bound to go AWOL. It's happened to me 3 times in the last 3 years, and i never did get the items or my money back.

Start a case on eBay. As long as you have proof, you will defnitely win. You know that guy he sent it to was one happy guy when he opened that package, lol. Nothing like getting a free statue sent to you by some guy on eBay who screwed the pooch. Some honest people would likely send it back, but I am betting far more would wind up keeping it.

Back