MCU FF and X-Men charachters you can't wait to see because of you want the HT figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaymas

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the Disney purchase of Fox done most Marvel fans are excited at the prospect of having almost all the Marvel characters available for the MCU. But Hot Toys collectors have another reason to be excited as suddenly we all might need to be shopping for more shelf space and maybe a second job to be able to get all the characters the MCU might put out over the coming years.

So what characters are you most hoping to see that will likely be an instant buy once a HT figure of it is released?

The obvious ones for me are the Fantastic Four. This was my favorite comic as a kid and am longing for a movie to do it justice. Marvel studios will give us the best chance of this happening. So all 4 members of that team for sure.

AND the only villain figure I probably will ever buy if they make him for the MCU...
Doctor Doom.

For X-Men, assuming they don't retrofit Fox's X-men universe into the MCU through some cosmic event, I would guess we would get a reboot of these characters. I have mixed feelings about this, but Jackman as Wolverine is all but done, and as cool as a one off return for an MCU appearance would be, they would be just making it that much more difficult to inevitably replace him. So, while I love the "real world" mostly regular clothes look of Jackman's Wolverine, I am hoping they find a way to create a costume, much like Caps, that gives a more of nod to his classic costume. I also hope they cast someone shorter to reflect his shorter comic height which makes him that much more of a scrapper. It also will create some contrast and distinction from Jackman's Wolverine and help convey they aren't just trying to be like Jackman. There are some other actors I love in those X-men parts at Fox so if they integrate them that could be cool too. We'll see.

There are of course many other X-Men I likely will want and love to have once they make these movies, but I would love to see a classic looking Beast; Maybe something with real fur like the Chewbacca figure (that will either be really cool or a real disaster). But if they reboot, I'd love for him to stay human for the first X-Men movie and just have more of a gorilla like frame (that will be challenge to do) and then turn blue and furry in a later movie and join the Avengers. Beast as part of an Avengers team with Black Panther and Vision and Captain Marvel etc would rock.

Anyway, the potential for the MCU's take on these characters is awesome and I think as collector's they could lead to some really nice figures too down the road. What are you most hoping to see from a collector's point of view?

I read that Richard Armitage was possibly being considered for Wolverine. For those that don't know the name, he played Thorin Oakenshield in the Hobbit movies and the Hydra agent who shot Dr. Erskine
in Captain America:The First Avenger.
Ryan

I would take any and all main hero figures, especially the Human Torch and the Thing, plus a few villains, namely Magneto and Dr. Doom.

The Fantastic Four is NOT one of those properties that Hot Toys can just make one or two characters from and then move onto something else. Reed, Sue, Ben and Johnny all MUST be made.

I am really excited about the F4 more than the X-Men. Though, if they recast and actually have cool uniforms and make the characters worth caring about, I might get all or most of the X-Men. Villains wise, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Mr. Sinister and Galactus. Man, I cannot wait for Feige to get the ball rolling.

I am really excited about the F4 more than the X-Men..

Kinda agree...1st family of Marvel. It’d be interesting to see how they pull off Torch. Thing would rock (pun intended)

A new Wolvie would be cool along with Mags and Doom

All designs done well of course

I know it's probably impossible, but I would love Munn's Psylocke. It's my favorite Marvel character and I liked her portrayal (visually, because the movie was bad and she has no development, at all, which in that movie is a positive thing, since she could still be better developed in a future film).

Ohh man, I feel the same! Gambit is my favorite X-men and when it was announced that fat-neck Tatum was playing him I was surely displeased... :gah:

Too late now, but Van Damme would've really been a great choice back in the day.

Back