DID Roger Moore 1:6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

screamingmetal

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sir Roger George Moore was an English actor, he is best known for having played secret agent James Bond in seven feature films from 1973 to 1985. He also played Simon Templar in the television series The Saint from 1962 to 1969 and Lord Brett Sinclair in The Persuaders! from 1971 to 1972.

Moore took over the role of Bond from Sean Connery in 1972, and made his first appearance as 007 in Live and Let Die (1973). The longest serving Bond, he went on to portray the spy in six more films. Appointed a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 1991, Moore was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II in 2003 for "services to charity". In 2007, he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his work on television and in film.

Product Features:
  • 11.80 inches (30cm)
  • Made of plastic
  • Officially licensed by Roger Moore's family
  • Based on a photograph by Terry O' Neill
  • Highly articulated figure
  • Belt and holster made of leather
  • Bullets made of metal
Box Contents:
  • Roger Moore figure
  • Figure stand
  • Hands for holding pistol
  • Black t-shirt
  • Black pants
  • Black belt
  • Black socks
  • Brown holster
  • Shoes
  • Revolver
  • 6 Bullets
Roger Moore 001.jpg
Roger Moore 002.jpg
Roger Moore 003.jpg
Roger Moore 004.jpg
Roger Moore 005.jpg
Roger Moore 006.jpg
Roger Moore 007.jpg
Roger Moore 008.jpg
Roger Moore 009.jpg
Roger Moore 010.jpg
Roger Moore 012.jpg
Roger Moore 011.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------

This is surprising. I didn't know that Dragon In Dreams had this license. It's officially licensed from the Roger Moore estate, I don't think the EON James Bond license has anything to do with this.

Last edited:
Lisenced as Roger Moore, so not officially treading on toes.
This will turn up a lot sooner than a Moore 007 from BC.

Something is off about the HS I just can't pin it...jawline? I'ts close but not quite there.

Typical DiD sculpt, so close yet...

I can't pick what it is, but seems to me the eyes and brow? Maybe it's just because Moore had such an expressive brow and forehead, this expression hints at it without fully committing.

Yeah there's something just a bit generic about the likeness on this. And once again the head appears too big for the body. So strange that companies don't pay more attention to this aspect since it can really hurt the proportions and overall look of a figure.

There is a resemblance but its not quite right as Lejuan said the eyes and the brow don't seem right. Moore seems a hard likeness to capture I've seen a few sculpts of him and none have quite nailed the likeness.

Looks ok but I actually think the hair is throwing the sculpt off too. I think with some minor tweaks it would be outstanding

Apart from the flaws in the HS, the overall lack of fidelity of the details on this figure are also evident, wrong type/style of shoulderholster and color of cloth shoulder strap should be OD green or similar color, buckle is wrong and the revolver should be a Mod 29 S&W 44 Magnum in stainless steel/silver...not black, the gun shown with this figure looks like a Colt 357 Magnum. Dont know if these details are change on purpose to avoid any "copyrights" with the Bond brand/movies rights...and knowing how good is DID in trying to get the details right on other figures on their lineup, make me think this could be the case...."close but not exact".

I'm just not seeing Roger, no matter how hard i look. Unless they tweak it, it's a wasted opportunity.

The images are said to be based on the Terry O' Neill publicity photos of Roger Moore for Live and Let Die. Looking at the images, the sculpt is definitely lacking a strong likeness. These by the way appear to be flipped, a lot of the images I've seen are like that:
James Bond Roger Moore live and let die by Terry O' Neill 001.jpg
James Bond Roger Moore live and let die by Terry O' Neill 002.jpg

I’m ordering one. Then it’s a grey or blue 3 piece suit. And I have a Roger Moore ‘Saint’ figure.

Had a look at KG Hobby and noticed pre-orders for Roger had gone up. It looks like they tweaked the head, as it looks a lot better now. Googled a close up of the new sculpt and it gets my approval. It's a lot cheaper than BCS' offering and their questionable QC.

roger_old_and_new.jpg

The head looks a lot better now but the rest of the figure leaves a lot to be desired. I might wait to see a few in hand reviews before deciding one way or the other.

Back