Optibotimus Reviews Big Chief Studios GOLDFINGER from "Goldfinger"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good. Thank you for the review.

This is my favorite of the three -- preference for villains -- but I do see some problems that Optibotimus didn't address:

- flashing on the hands
- vest is missing its top button
- several loose strings on fly
- the tie should be dark brown, not black
- the boots look black and should be a reddish brown

On the plus side, the large buttons on the jacket have been improved for accuracy from the proto.

Despite the little issues, this looks like a great figure of one of my all tike favorite villains.

For $250, you can’t really go wrong

Goldfinger , Oddjob is a keeper in my opinion
At this price point!

Again, terrific review.
Looks like I'll be removing Goldfinger's pants to see what the hell is under there. :lol

Other than that, I'm okay with it and believe I can deal with the pants issue. I especially like the accessories BCS is giving us, they are great, love the pool stick. As for the top vest button, it looks like Opti's may have fallen off, seems to be a mark there where it should be. If mine is missing, I'll prolly use one of the spare Ripley buttons and paint it gold and glue it on.

If Optibotimus is reading this: how are the head sculpts in hand? Does the skin tone look relatively natural?

And did you have a look to see if Goldfinger's fatsuit is backwards as you indicated it might be in your video?

If Optibotimus is reading this: how are the head sculpts in hand? Does the skin tone look relatively natural?

And did you have a look to see if Goldfinger's fatsuit is backwards as you indicated it might be in your video?

I think the skin tones look okay. Could they be better? Possibly but i am happy with how they look. With Goldfinger, i think it was tough to capture because the actor had a bit of a "red face" sort of look. That might be a bit harder to capture because that's a condition UNDER the skin that makes the face look reddish. I'm not an artist or painter, so i don't know. I think he looks okay, same with the others. Bond i think is the best.

As for the fat suit, i didn't try. I packaged him back up because as much as i love the figures, i am not the biggest Bond fan and i don't have much extra space to display them. So I intend on selling them to someone that will be able to display them and appreciate them more than i will be able to. So because of that, i didn't want to alter anything that ultimately wouldn't remain in my collection.

Almost done with this guy..he should go up early tomorrow...

Image7.jpg

Thanks for the honest response. Glad to hear that 007's skin tone looks the best.

God, that set backdrop looks perfect with that suit. It really was a stroke of genius to utilize the insert in that way.

Back