Display basement humidity

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamgroot

Super Freak
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the subject has been going over before but I was just curious what should the humidity level B at 35 percent is OK? My displays will be in the basement and the heat is fine will be 65 Fahrenheit I am 35 percent humidity

What
Level of heat and humidity is damaging to statues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you have a Dehumidifier ?

From online.

Relative humidity levels above 60% can cause mold or mildew to grow, resulting in musty smelling air and unhealthy airborne mold spores. The ideal relative humidity level should be somewhere between 30% - 50%.

I aim for 45% but 35 shouldn't be damaging according to what I've read. Like Webb said 30-50 should be ok.

35 should be considered dry. Tropical area is 70 usually.

But is there such a thing as having the environment too dry for statues? Just curious to know if statues can get damaged if the environment is too dry.

Do you have a Dehumidifier ?

From online.

Relative humidity levels above 60% can cause mold or mildew to grow, resulting in musty smelling air and unhealthy airborne mold spores. The ideal relative humidity level should be somewhere between 30% - 50%.

Yes the level should be here I have central humidifier , And if it goes I’ll get de humidifier. Just wondering if anybody else has their collection in basement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a huge Dehumidifier from Basement Systems, cost me like 1800 and it keeps my basement at 25-35.

My collection is in the basement, well it's a lower level, half above ground half below. I run a dehumidifier year round except the winter when I run a humidifier. Anything below 40% will dry out your skin, so I assume it will dry out other materials. Most of my collection is now latex masks which can be damaged by low humidity. Just shoot for the 40's in the basement and you'll be fine.

Back