They're Here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brundledonk

Super Freak
Reaction score
A little while back while we were throwing ideas around for future projects to work on together I mentioned it to my good friend Jason
( Scratchbuilder ) how big fans we are of Poltergeist in my household and how cool it would be to work on something from the movie.
Of course the TV scene came up but I didn't give it a lot of thought as I wasn't sure if we would be able to make something that would be good for a display as a TV on its own is pretty boring right ?

I didn't give the idea much more thought until yesterday when this turned up in the mail from Jason

It's a freakin 1/6 scale Sony Trinitron as used in the movie

Heres the reference pics of the real one, hopefully I can get close with my paint job

Will be aiming at something like this but as I mentioned in the video, I've got a few things to get out of the way before I can make a start but I maybe can find some time in between while waiting for things to dry or whatever but I'll post pics once I've got something to show

I'm totally mind blown with what Jason has created, we have worked in a load of things together but he never ceases to surprise me ( you've got mad skills Jay ! )

Pete

Cheers chaps I'm happy with how it turned out.
It also has stereo sound (but I've only fitted one speaker for now, but couldn't quite manage 4K :rotfl

Can't wait to see Pete work his thang on the paint job, gonna be awesome

I've made a start on the tv and pulled everything apart ready for paint

Jason is a mad genius I don't know how he does this stuff

Jason made tiny buttons for the station/volume select panel

I wasn't confident that I could paint them neatly so out they came ( sorry Jay )

I'm going to use pins for the buttons. Not as in scale as the ones Jason made but makes my life a lot easier as I can add them after painting the panel

I mixed a couple of shades of Alclad 2 for the bezel trying my best to match the reference pics of the real TV

Control panel was based in Alclad semi Matt aluminium and the speakers primed in grey

Please excuse the black thumb, I do have gloves but rarely remember to use them

Led channel number panel and control panel sprayed gloss black

There is a kind of bright metalic surround around the control panels and I masked and sprayed it but it hardly shows
Inside the control panel area was sprayed gloss black also

I sprayed some translucent plastic with clear red to put behind the cut outs for the LED channel numbers ( thus should get lit by the screen once it's all put together

Speakers were sprayed Matt black and I'm planning to wrap them in fabric to mimic the grills. And a quick dry fit

The hardest part of the project is going to be the wood grain. I'm pretty confident I can get the grain pattern but the colour is going to be a challenge.
I've primed the cabinet in a kind of yellow and will use this as a base to work from

Back