My eBay bidder makes no sense.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
UPDATE: I've blocked the buyer because eBay won't disclose anything beyond "This account is suspicious".

Hey guys, I have a bidder for one of my 1/6 figure listings (which ends in less than 4 days) but a quick overview of his profile made me question his legitimacy. For one, my listing is for a $600 custom figure but he has no indication that he has bought any 1/6 figures before so that's strange (you could argue that he's buying this one someone's behalf so that's fine). However, he only has been a member since September but has amassed over 4000 feedback, yet he gives zero feedback in return.

Also, he has a over 100 DSR (Detailed Seller Rating) despite not having any feedback as a seller and no indication of any items being sold, which makes no sense whatsoever. I've brought this up to the Ebay Community Boards and was pretty much told that I’m an idiot for not trusting a high feedback buyer. :lol

I was wondering if I should just block this buyer altogether, or if you need a laugh, just look at his profile. Thanks for any input on the matter.

27241644069_1431afa04e_h.jpg

Last edited:
I’d block that shiz. eBay really has become a place of scams and fake items. I sell on Mercari now. I wouldn’t sell to that guy.

I’d block that shiz. eBay really has become a place of scams and fake items. I sell on Mercari now. I wouldn’t sell to that guy.

Yeah I guess I should. I still would like someone to explain how his ratings are mathematically possible. :lol

I looked him up. I would pass on him. I checked his ID history and he's only had that one. It doesn't make sense at all. Have you asked him....or eBay?

I looked him up. I would pass on him. I checked his ID history and he's only had that one. It doesn't make sense at all. Have you asked him....or eBay?

I didn't bothered asking him myself, but I did use the eBay live chat and requested they look him up, and I got the reply;

"Upon checking, this buyer does look suspicious. Hence, I would suggest to cancel the bid. Unfortunately, I could not disclose the information on why this is account is suspicious."

Fair enough. I guess anyone else reading this thread and is a eBay seller would add him to your blocked list. EBay still won't explain how he got his DSR seller rating. :cuckoo:

He may've crack some code and they don't want to admit that. At least you know to pass him up.

He may've crack some code and they don't want to admit that. At least you know to pass him up.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I never knew something like that was possible but this user seems to suggest that it is. 1860 feedback in a month, geez.

I started a thread on eBay and none of the members could explain the DSR aside from it possibly being tampered and now I just got off the live chat with eBay- after putting me on hold for awhile regarding the DSR issue, they admitted they could not explain it. I never knew eBay stats could be falsified.

Back